• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Epox 8k5a3+...FSB@218Mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bond_

Epox [email protected]

Hey,
I just gotta tell u guys how much i luv this board, and my tbred B 2100+ 0303!!!

Max. 100% stable fsb@218MHz, more then this the problems started my vid card would flash artifacts at bootup, couldn't get more because the lack of vagp in the board bios :(, i sure the board would give much more:
Resize%20of%20fsb%20%40%20218.JPG

[email protected] with setFSB
Resize%20of%20fsb%40235.JPG

Max. 100% stable oc @ 1.95vcore, cpu@watercooled, default northbridge cooling:
Resize%20of%202100%2B%402515MHz.JPG

system,
tbred B 2100+ [email protected]
epox 8k5a3+
ocz 256mb pc [email protected]
custom watercooled on tbred, default cooling on northbridge , extra 80mm fan!!

Last edited:
Do you realize that the "WCPUID" in your first screen shot shows a multiplier of "0.0"???

That's a good trick!

Guess somebody needs some glasses. :p

That FSB is insane... that PCI bus is even more insane! What timings are you running that RAM at? What kinda components can actually handle a 47mhz PCI bus?

I guess someone is in need for an excuse to upgrade pci cards and hard drives.

Fry away my Son!

I'm just using a soundblaster live player on 3º pci slot,
my timings were, 2-3-6-3...
I don't use this setup 24/7 fsb @ 235MHz it was only to bench....

man, that'z some crazy fsb....my 8k5a2+ cannot do **** pass 200, agp tearing... highest i can go is 218 (despite tons of artfacts).

No offensive, how can you consider it stable without run a prime95 with 64 to 128 mb or memory used?

What's bios version do you runing?

I don't need to run prime to test stability, since a can run all 3d apps (3dmark01/SE/03, games direct3d, opengl) toast, pcmark, seti, video encoding full load .exe, sound editing, etc, i just don't use prime it's an old prog, but i can do the bench with it, without any problem @218Mhz!!!
Bios that i used was K5A32A25

nice O/C I have the same board and an Athlon XP1600 I'm at 166FSB and that's as high as I care to go...I don't want to be replacing PCI cards like mad. I wish this board had the 1/6 PCI divisor...it would have so much more O/C potential. I plan on unlocking my chip this weekend and going for higher multipliers to get more speed out of my chip at default PCI speeds. I just don't have the care at all to go over spec speeds on my PCI and AGP buses. I'll let everyone know how it goes in a post soon to come.

Back