• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

-12 Volt problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pdwight

Registered
My comuter started a problem with just shutting down and rebooting, MB5 says that all voltages are fine except the -12V it is around -3.84. So I thought bad power supply....wrong tried three that I had lying around and get the same result. any help will be apprecieated.

Soyo Dragon PLus
AMD XP 2100
784 DDR Ram pc 2700
ATI All in WOnder 7500 64 meg.
XP Pro
Antec 500 W PS

no over clocking at all...just standard

Thanks
Dwight P

Soyo Dragon Plus

The drop in the -12volt is usually associated to the fans that on within your computer I believe. I don't know why you have that weird reading. MBM5 has had some issues with different motherboard like mine was reading my diodes backwards and I had to switch it with MBM5 to make it read correctly. Check MBM5 fort possible motherboard complications.

Hey my name is Dwight too!

I am having the same problem with my -12v and -5v. -12v is reading -6.93 in MBM5 and in bios. My -5v is reading a positive .49 in MBM5 and there is no way to see -5v in bios. I just put my system together a few days ago and have been running Prime95 for 2 days with no problems. I have a noname 300w PSU with the 3.3&5 at 150w. I seem to be having no problems but am worried I might down the road.

Update:

I figured out MDM was reading my -5v sensor wrong and now it reads right. I am still worried about my -12v because it reads the same in bios as it does in MBM. Do I even need to worry about -12v?:(

Last edited:
Back