• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard shopping...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
N

nerdlogic

Okay guys, I'm building a rig for my friend's stepdad...anyway, I've decided on a 2400, so now I'm looking for a mobo that will support it....I'm looking for one with the best features. This will be a non-oc'ing rig, BTW. I love my Gigabyte, but I don't want to use one for this rig. My rig has been the first one that I've really built, and I'd like to broaden my experiences, so to speak. :D

Soy

hmmm many choices on this question.might also help to know if really good onboard sound matters,also on board video.these can make the cost raise as you know.but stick with nforce2 chipsets tho.so far they will have the best chance of being able to support later cpu upgrades.

for non ocing feature packed and very stable id suggest the asus a7n8x deluxe,but it is rather expensive.

msi also makes really good stable stuff also.ive just never used them but for matters like this ive heard its a good option also.

i loooooove my abit nf7-s but i dont think its fitting here but who knows.most stable mobo ive ever used and the only way this mobo will NOT post is if i put stupid settings in the bios on purpose.in 3 weeks ive bet if reset the cmos 4 times if that.

here is good cheap option also
http://www.soltekusa.com/product/showproduct.php?productid=1041103591

im not a soltek fan but many people here seem to like it but at that price $93 at newegg is a steal.

I'm going to be building a similar non-oc'ing rig for my friend and i've decided on the asus a7n8x deluxe... For the budget he allocated it comes with good bundled everything and is reputably stable... MSI would be my second choice.

hmmmm....Asus, huh? I was thinking about that, actually...I'll look it up. I'm probably going to do onboard sound only. I'd rather have the video card on its own GPU and memory. As far as price goes, the full budget for the whole system (including kb, mouse, and printer/don't need monitor) is going to be $600 - $1000. I'm going to just get the "good" stuff & revise certain things to get the price nice and low.

Soy

Back