• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RMA to who?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

naddie

Amax wont replace my board over 7 days old (@!#@!#@#@#@!). They said they would RMA to Asus though.

I was wondering if I should just RMA it thru Asus myself and indicate I would like a rev 2.0?

LOL, they arnt gonna give u a rev 2.0 if you ask. That sounds like you are trying to cheat them out by just sending them the board to get a new one. If you want to get a 2.0 your better off not asking. But, dont send back your board unless its broken. Golden rule of overclocking : You break any components overclocking, then rma it, is a sin.

Yea... I guess. :( But that video problem is killin' me. I may not game alot, but sometimes I do want to dig into some UT2k3 ya know. And yes, Ima waitin' fo Duke :)

At 195 MHz FSB, Prime 95 works great, but I get lots of video probs. With a Radeon (original), it locks up in 3DMark 2001. With a GF2 MX200, it works fine for the 1st loop, then may crash later on. ALso, the GF2 MX200 shows lots of image tearing.

They say it may be the NB undervoltage, so Im going to do the mod today. (Just got the stuff)

If all goes well, I may just keep my trusty (? HA!) rev 1.04

TO me is sounds like the VDD (NB) voltage is dropping to low also. I get those problems when I try to boot at 200FSB in DC, that is because the VDD voltage is too low to handle everything.

Plus some of the radeons do not like high FSB...that is why your GF2 MX will work at higher FSB then your radeon will...

I see you are running DC...does this happen when you try single channel also?

why would fsb effect the video card if the PCI speeds are locked i thought the AGP port ran at the same rate as the PCI slots?

Its the power to the NB...just like everything else...if you underpower it...it will fail or not power up properly...the AGP is controlled though the NB on the NF2 boards...

Definately the NB power... just fixed it up using the vdd mod, and sure shibby, the video portion worked as advertised. No more crashing in 3DMark.

I believe I am running DC. I got the memory in both the blue slots. Does it automatically run it in SC if something is not right? Is there a way to find out besides benchmarking?

Back