• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TBred on unofficially supported mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RonnieG

I have this DFI AK75-EC. I'm wondering if a TBred will run on this mobo despite it not being officially supported, ala Abit KT7E. I've done a ton of mods on this board and I don't want to do them all over again on a new board (5V booster cable, volt mods, large NB passive heatsink, socket reinforcing backplate, bulk cap mod, etc).

So what are your experiences running a TBred on an unofficially supported board?

My guess is that it probably won't work.

But, you could just buy one from a place that gives no-questions-asked returns, or use a friends to test.

Otherwise you will probably need to find someone who has that exact board that has tried a tbred, and that won't be easy.

I think the oldest chipset support for T-Bred starts with the KT-266a.

New low end Asus Asrock brand just released a new board with the Kt-266a. yeah beleive it or not. It's true. I think it's for the Asia market.

I am playing around with a 20 month old Shuttle Kt266a AK31.v3.1 and can run my 1700+ Dut3c as high as 2465mhz @ 2v
17 x 145mhz

So if new boards with KT266a are released then there is no doubt that it can support any currently selling 133fsb cpu from AMD.

Me thinks KT133a's days is really over for new cpu support

Back