• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5 volt blues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

the_donger

Registered
well the problem is that my 5 volt line. my 1700 is at 2.4ghz at 1.7 volts and my 5 volt line sits about 4.8 volts and the system is stable. if i bump it up to 2.5ghz the line drops to 4.73 volts and fails prime95. i know the processor has more to give its a 0307vpmw. the power supply im using is a antec true power 400w.

I'd measure that voltage with a multimeter to be sure.. it could be just strange motherboard readings..

i have checked the power mosfets on the board and it does read what the bios and mbm read, but does antec true power supplies have adjustable pots for the 5 volt lines.

i know that TTGI/ Super Flower PSU's have one that controls the +5v & +12v lines.
I don't think you are overclocking limited by the low +5v line, since your system is stable.
Just add some more Vcore, as jboy said.
and those voltages might not be accurate, because Antec makes quality PSU's and yours is a 400W, that should be sufficient.

Look at my setup, it's powered by a Super Flower 300W, (+5v is at +4.93v, system is 100% stable)

Back