• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7 Dual Channel Slots?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Or if you have bad eyes and can't read the tiny print on the board, the two slots closest together are on one memory channel and the one by itself is on the other.

MrAngry said:
Or if you have bad eyes and can't read the tiny print on the board, the two slots closest together are on one memory channel and the one by itself is on the other.

ok..thanks. so it doesnt matter what slot they are in where the 2 slots are togather?

and why dont they put in 2 slots on both channells..that would be really nice. easiter to get 2 gigs of ram.

~Will

Most people state DIMMS 1&3 give the best memory bandwidth...for me though...1&2 does..but I also run a 8RDA+...

On the 8RDA non/+...Dimm 1 is the farthest and Dimm 3 is the middle and Dimm 2 is the closest to the CPU...

I AM DEFFINITLY SURE THAT SLOTS 1 AND 2 REPRESENT MEMORY CONTROLLER 1, SLOT 3 - MEMORY CONTROLLER 2. BE SURE TO FILL THE BANK 3 AND ANY FROM FIRST TWO TO ACTIVATE THE DUALDDR.
if bank one is bigger that bank two, only size of the smaller bank will be dualddr-ed.

I dont remember where i read it yesterday: at anandtech.com or at extremtech.com - search for the nVidia2 and NT7

;)!

Last edited:
The easiest way to remember this is...the 2 closest DIMM slots together are for memory controller 1 and the one DIMM slot farthest away is for memory controller 2...no matter in what order your DIMMS are numbers...that is the best way to remember...

For dual channel you want one dimm on mem controller 1 slots 1 or 2 and 1 dimm in slot 3 mem controller 2.

Well, I was having lots of problems with my new NF7-M. I formatted a hard drive and installed a fresh copy of Windows 2000. The RAM is now in slot 2 and slot 3. Not a single BSOD since!

Still had a keyboard and mouse problem however. Got rid of the IBM USB mouse driver and shut her down. Plugged the USB mouse into a PS2 connector and rebooted. After rebooting about 20 times while installing software, haven't had one problem with either the keyboard or mouse.

Was it the changing of the RAM to new slots? Or the fresh install of win2k? Or both? Couldn't tell ya. Hmmm, maybe I should try a fresh install with XP pro...

Back