• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HYPERX pc 3000 with 8RGA+/8RDA+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bsamurai

Registered
My setup:
AMD XP2100+ (AIUHB 0306) *STOCK*
Epox 8RGA+
2X Kingston HyperX pc3000
Koolance Water Cooling
Sparkle 350 W PSU
(Highest Temp Koolance Reading: 83F/28C)
(Highest Temp Epox Reading: 93F/37C)

My problem was when I hit 169 FSB my system would beep like crazy and it posted C1, which had something to do with memory. So I set the "Memory Frequency" to 50% of the FSB. Right now I'm at 180MHZ FSB and 90MHZ for memory. I belive my problem is the HYPERX PC3000.

Can Anyone tell me if they used HyperX and how high of an FSB did they get without changing the Memory Frequency??

If not SHOULD I return it back to NEWEGG?

[UPDATE]
I read on NEWEGG REVIEW that two different people said... (JUST NOTE THE UNDERLINED SENTENCE )
1st person:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I too have purchased 2 -256mb PC3000 Hyper-X DIMMS and installed them on a Soltek SL-75FRN2-L mobo. I have had them all the way up to 202mhz fsb with timings at 5,2,2,2.0 without raising the default vdimm voltage. These sticks are rated to take upt0 a +.2 volt increase over the 2.5v default, but I have not as yet needed to raise it. Maybe if when I try to go higher it will need it. The previous poster is having trouble because of his CPU not the mem, because I too was having the same problems but I discoverd that I needed to raise my CPU vcore a little more to go higher. Also choosing the Aggresive setting for the CPU causes instablity with this mobo, try setting it to optimal and you will find you can go much higher on the mem and on the cpu with mem set to its rated settings. The Soltek board must be making some changes in the way the CPU accesses memory when it is set for aggresive, so backing off to optimal, and if OCing, upping the CPU vcore you will get the desired results. This mem kicks serious butt, esspecially for the price. Keep it up New

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Second person:
tinpony70,3/31/2003 12:33:27 PM

one word... PITIFUL, I bought 2x256 of this, cannot run at stock 185FSB at 2-3-3-7 on my Soltek 75FRN-L... The computer froze about 1hr into windows, hell... 2-6-6-10 dindt even work. I tested the sticks 1 by 1, BOTH sticks are doing this to me.

Maybe I have bad luck, maybe for some reason I ended up with 2 pairs of defective RAM... the max stable FSB I can get with them is 169FSB at 2-3-3-7, I'm assuming it's stable because Memtest ran 18hrs straight with no probs, haven't tried running Prime95 on it yet though

All in all, I'm staying the hell away from Kingston products now. Newegg delivery was great, I might have to test their RMA department next, but I have faith in them

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM, BEING STUCK AT 169FSB with the MEMORY. I also tried upping the VCORE to 1.7 and it still didn't work.

I set the setting:
Multiplier = 11
FSB Frequency = 200 FSB
Memory Frequency = 83% which is 166 FSB

This setting runs fine, but I'd like my memory to run at the same speed as my CPU.

Will this cause any problems in the long run?

Should I just RMA and get new memory?

Anyone work with HyperX PC3000 or PC2700 going higher then 169 FSB?

Last edited:
No problems for me, I can run them in the sync DC mode up to 205MHz with 6-2-2-2 or 215Mhz with 7-3-3-2.5 timings at 2.77V. Did you test your memory with Memtest86? I had also one bad memory stick, which will give an error at any speed around 224Mb address, but after RMA it works without any flaws.

This is interesting, cos I was considering buy a stick or two of this. Guess I might as well just go for the tried and tested Twinmos/Winbond ram.....

Back