• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question for NF7 (-S) v1.2 or higher owners

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Malakai

Please do me a huge favor and post exactly what the options are for FSB/memory speed ratio's in the bios.

I need to know what setting I would use to run the FSB at 200+ and the memory at ~150.

Basically I want a fsb:memory ratio somewhere between 100:50 to 100:75. This way I can run my crucial at 150fsb in 128 bit mode, and turn the fsb up accordingly to use that extra bandwidth.

Thank you in advance

EDIT: Oh, and does the NF7-S come with 2 Serial to Parallel ATA adapters?

Ok you wanted it so here goes...
Auto
SPD
3/3, 3/4, 3/5, 3/6
4/3, 4/4, 4/5, 4/6
5/3, 5/4, 5/5, 5/6
6/3, 6/4, 6/5, 6/6

That's every possible setting!
The only NF7-s that comes with two serillel convertors is the one sold by excaliber for around $150, otherwise it only includes one convertor.:D

One more question, are they counting the memory as being 64 bit or 128 bit?

I mean, would 6/3 have the FSB at 200mhz and the fsb at 100mhz, in dual channel mode?

I wish they would specify this stuff....

I don't know for sure on that one, I'm running single channel right now, but I think you have it right. I guess I could install my pc2100 memory since I have 2 sticks and let you know what i find out. I'm really busy today so I can't do it at the moment. :cool:

MrAngry said:
I don't know for sure on that one, I'm running single channel right now, but I think you have it right. I guess I could install my pc2100 memory since I have 2 sticks and let you know what i find out. I'm really busy today so I can't do it at the moment. :cool:

That is what I am doing with my 2x256mb sticks of crucial that do ~160fsb at max timings. I want to run a ~210 FSB with the memory at ~155 or so, to use some of that bandwidth.

If you could test it I would appreciate it.

Back