• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Deluxe and strange reboots...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

daigster

Registered
Had my deluxe for a few weeks now, love this board...The only problem is these strange reboots...Upgraded from an MSI K7T Turbo2 and never had one reboot. So now, i'm concerned...Updated to the new 1003 bios from asus, still runs fine, but reboots while surfin, chattin, play games...
Got great airflow and cooling so that cant be the prob...Although, i'm startin to think its the ram...got it on sale...2X256MB PC2100
Anyone have these same reboots with the same setup? Thanks people.

How big is your power supply? Random reboots are sometimes a sign of a bad power supply or not enough power

I've got the same problem with my system. I've got a 365w Enermax with a 1900XP on a Soyo Dragon Plus with 256x2 PC2100 RAM. I'm getting ready to RMA my motherboard to them because I thought it was that. Should I not?

I'll say, it's the ram...
Buy some high-quality RAM and I'll think you'll be fine...
You can't take the board to the maximum with PC2100 memory...

/Norrko

Well, thanks for the info, and just to let ya'll know, I'm running an Enermax 350 dual fan....I switched from the 300w Antec that came with the case....the psu is in my other system...

I hope its not the ram...i'll definitely keep that open....

RadRacer...guess we ALMOST have the same setup....Is that generic ram you are running? I think thats what i bought....The only thing in Canada, is the only name brand ram you can buy retail usually is Kingston...

Use Memtest first. I assume everything is stock speed and voltages?

Try that, then if that passes, try prime 95.

I'd say it's the mobo or vid card if not the memory.

I'll do a search for memtest...Also, i heard that the Radeon 9000 card is not the best card out there...

I've got Kingston ValueRAM in my system. All of it was purchased at the same time. I ran memtest for about 2 hours and it went fine. Think I should run it longer? I've already got an RMA number for my motherboard and I'm going to send it back tomorrow anyway. It's got some busted caps on it and I want to get those fixed.

Let me know how your memtest works out.

Well, i ran memtest for bout an hour...no errors...it also says to let it run for 24hrs...maybe i'll try that tonight....I think my ram might even be below the Kingston value...Well, see tomorrow...

Ah HA!! I just ran memtest all day while i was at school! bingo! ive got one bad stick. i think im going to replace it with some corsair. ive only heard good things about them.

Back