• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just lookaround at some other forums and all I see is bad for the nf7-s!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

batsstab

First let me tell you I'm all drugged up on sleeping bills gone bad took one to many so bear with me. After looking for awhile at ambforums and abitforums i see all these people haveing massive problems with_ sata in raid0 _ I have never dealt with this kinda of stuff and no nothing of raid but I just bought an abit nf7-s 2.0v and could anyone sum up what the whole problem is with this stata raid combo causeing hard drive corruption. Can i just plug my two new 80 ata133 in just a udma mode and not worry about this crap. But as of right now it might be the drugs saying this but they really dont understand what everyones problem is. I hear stuff like plug the raid in to the sata in mode3 and im just like what is going on hear. Im really going to stiop posting becasue my sleeping druggs have almost taking over all though but even they are still confused and worried that the NF7 -s 2.0 is a waste of money if i have to deal with courruption every day or I have to buy a seperated sata or raid controller. ARgggg sorry about this post Just took some new sleep medicine for narc. and it makes me aliite chattie and crazy. whoooooooooo whooooooooooooo whoooooooo

PS

Read all lables on your medicine first beforce taking

Also is there a faq anywhere for this board I been livin on via for ever so I don't any good sites to go like viaarena but for nforceboards.

Last edited:
Common sense would dictate

The most popular boards (highest selling) tend to get more complaints than lowest selling boards.

Motherboard problems will be more prevalent in an overclocking enthusiasts forum than with the regular user who runs default everything.

Lastly in no way or form am I defending abit, Haven't owned one since my KA7-100 caps exploded. Gigabyte, MSI, Shuttle,ASUS since the KA7-100 have all been good to me. Trying Soltek this week. Crossing my fingers.

just run the ide harddrives you have on the ide channels.
you should have gotten a serillel adapter also the will let you run 1 hard drive off of a sata line.
the problems start when you buy 1 more serillel adapter run 2 hard drives sata and then run raid.ive not tried it but i will this week.but thats what people are complaining about.but not many people will buy a second adaptor nor want to run sata raid.

that mobo is no waste.and seraphic is correct the more people who buy something the more complaints you will get.
also not an intentinal pot shot at newbies but they are buying alot of these mobos and have no clue whats going on and try to overclock also. you just cant go buy something and your an overclocker.takes alot of learning and work.

just keep the faith on that mobo and get used to it and it will treat you good in return.

i ordered a second nf7-s as a backup,becouse i need one on hand but im gonna try the sata raid myself. mine should be here wensday i hope.

raid isnt easy to set up and can be a big pain,ive done it many times before so im not worried. i can try and help pass and tips or help you might want after i get my paws on this rev2

worst comes to worst ill buy a ide raid card for $45 highpoint from newegg.

I do not buy mainboards anymore with onboard raid. Seems I always end up paying for it over and over again to keep the feature. Worst it's kind of hard to keep using the same raid chipset from board to board. So you lose your striped array if you switch from promise to highpoint controllers.

Got fed up and just bought a good PCI raid card and now I can buy anyboard I want and only pay ONCE for raid.

Yes I change mainboards twice a year :D

deathstar13 said:

that mobo is no waste....also not an intentinal pot shot at newbies but they are buying alot of these mobos and have no clue whats going on and try to overclock also. you just cant go buy something and your an overclocker.takes alot of learning and work.

just keep the faith on that mobo and get used to it and it will treat you good in return.

I couldn't agree with you more on that one, think of all the unnecessary RMAs that Abit has been flooded with because of the inexperienced buyers that bought them and couldn't figure out how to make them work right. I said it in another post, when you get your head full of ideas about bios and drive corruption and aren't thinking about anything else, you can't properly assess what the problem is, and find the proper fix.
I never thought to RMA mine , I was just waiting for any/all updates to come out and using my old KT7a-raid system until then.
I now have a very stable NF7-s rev. 1.2 and I'm very happy with it! :D

Yep Yep, more than half of the time it is the user's fault but I have had the Nf7-f version 1.2. I think the board is fine but the Sata on the board is another story. Not sure if it is the adaptor or the chip itself but my board refused to cooperate when trying to install the OS onto a HDD that uses the SATA adaptor. Plain IDE is fine. When I gave up on installing the OS onto the Sata and oped for the plain IDE, it was fine. 2 CDs and 3 HDD on the 1.2 now

Back