• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hmmm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AMD Phreak

Would it be bad to have the following settings:
CPU Operating Speed = 1100
multiplier = x11
fsb/pci clk = 100/33
fsb plus = 28

?

Thanks

edit: i suppose i should add that i increased the fsb plus speed from nill to 28 all at once. :eek:

Last edited:
ah sorry.
athlon tbird 1100, 512mb pc133 ram, antec smartpower 400 psu, geforce 4ti 4400 128mb vid card, 40 gig hdd.

lets just say things got a bit toasty, so obviously its not GOOD, but it (my pc) still works. Just wondering why one of my voltage regulators got hot enough to melt the solder that connected it to the board.

Usually the KT133 chipset dont like going over 115MHz but some have gone higher. It isn't just a divider issue but more of a chipset limitation just like the current KT400 & running at 200MHz/400FSB+.

The claims of ABIT to keep the PCI & AGP speeds unaffected by using the plus menu to increase the FSB has long since been retracted so you will have issues with speeding up your other components.

PAUL HOWLAND ABIT KT7/A - /RAID FAQ is one of the most helpful guides about this board & it's final revision.

Back