• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nforce2 new revision?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shortyes

Anyone have any info or articles on the new NF2 boards that are coming out? aka Epox 8RDA3+ etc....

are these just revisions or new chipset? Read ont he inquirer that Nivida has a new chipset maybe....

What happen to news about the NF7-ST?

THnaks

Nothing

on 8RDA3+ which is the only Mobo I know that might have a new revision/chipset from nvidia

Last edited:
so far the abit nf7-s rev2 has the new crush 18D
also the epox 8rda rev1.1 is showing up with them also.
others mabey also but most people who buy other mobos really could care less whats under the heatsinks.

I also care whats under the northbridge heatsink as well as how much I have to pay for 200fsb> support

Soltek SL-75FRN2 has A1(C1) chip proven to hit 228fsb

Quote"I should also note that this revision of the 75FRN uses the newer C1 stepping nforce chipset"

75frn2.jpg

http://thecrucible.ca/reviews/nforce2/Overclocking.htm

Soltek was obviously the only board with C1 northbridge.

I saw a review posted yesterday with Abit NF7 ver2.o and it also hit 228fsb easy.

For me I wanted to only pay $82 and get a C1 so I went for Soltek.

What is the different between Soltek SL-75MRN, 75FRN2 and SL-75FRN motherboards?

SL-75MRN
- 75MRN BIOS version is E1L
- Integrated Graphic Processor

**SL-75FRN2**
- NVIDIA MCP2 chipset
- The 75FRN2 BIOS version is D1.1
- Supports to adjust VDD Voltage
- The Northbridge version is A1

SL-75FRN
- NVIDIA MCP chipset
- The 75FRN BIOS version is C1.3L
- The Northbridge version is A3

Soltek will support all versions

http://www.soltekusa.com/support/faq.php?cat=Socket A&subcat=SL-75FRN2-L

Seraphic said:
Soltek was obviously the only board with C1 northbridge.

I saw a review posted yesterday with Abit NF7 ver2.o and it also hit 228fsb easy.

For me I wanted to only pay $82 and get a C1 so I went for Soltek.
oh so thats how they did that.i was kinda lost figuring out how the soltek did so good.we always need more good options to have with other mobo makers.

now with all this chipset revisions from nvidia showing up i cant wait to see some reviews of mobos that still cant hit 200fsb with this chipset.and trust me some manufactuers will even bungle that one. <~~~~~~aimed at asus :D

shortyes said:
Anyone have any info or articles on the new NF2 boards that are coming out? aka Epox 8RDA3+ etc....

are these just revisions or new chipset? Read ont he inquirer that Nivida has a new chipset maybe....

What happen to news about the NF7-ST?

THnaks

Heres a little info on the 8RDA3+.

8RDA3+ Info

Quoted from CCW from that forum thread you posted

EPOX 8RDA3+

"I find it strange that the NB cooling is the same, no sb or mosfet cooling either"

Same old same old. I would trade all of 8RDA3+ new superfluous
options to have stock Active northbridge cooling. pasive heatsink on southbridge and mosfets.

If Epox could get it perfect they would be the TOP overclockers board.

German Epox Site shows

Chipsatz:
nVidia AGPset (nForce2 SPP-128 + nForce2 MCP)

http://www.epox.de/produkte/produkt.asp?ProduktID=243&Par1=Mainboards - SA

Still using old MCP not MCP2

Last edited:
shortyes said:
any word on the Nforce 2 turbo?
id guess you mean ultra? well today was the first ive seen on it.

will take me much research before im sold on anything.and the kt400A will not be on any mobo i buy.the kt600 has a chance tho if they aim at high fsb.

it will be mid summer before these ultras start popping up.
its also sad to say i used to be a via fan and took me a looooong time to leave the kt333 chipsets as there were really strong and stable.that was then and i havent looked back nor miss them :D

btw my nf7-s rev2 should be here tomorow i think from newegg.i can only pray for rev2 but odds are favourable.

I heard rumors of this chipset for a week or so but there was no confirmation until now. I still want to know what else they can change...maybe that passive cooling everyone wanted on the South Bridge?

Back