• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A7V333 onboard sound

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Y.E

HI all,

I have the altec lansing 3 ps speakers (2 speakers and a subwoofer) and the problem is that the subwoofer and the speakers same the same jack and when i use the onboard sound with this board my subwoofer doesnt work until is set it to 5.1 on which case ONLY the subwoofer works on the red jack im not sure how to fix this exactly any help would be appreciated

What OS are you using? Is everything installed properly in device manager? Do you have the latest sound drivers installed? Are you sure its plugged into the right jack (generally the green one on most boards).

Some sound drivers give you the option to choose what type of speakers are connected. Did you pick the right type?

im using windows xp and the latest drivers are installed i chose all the settings from 2 desktop speakers to 5.1 sound it did not work in all cases. But the subwoofer works with my soundblaster live. maybe the onboard sound s**** anyways im willing to try any ideas

I have one of the older A7V333 Motherboards.

On it there is a jumper near the back of the last PCI slot called "Bass Center Setting". Its on page 27 of my manual, listed as jumper 13.

As I remember, I had to change it from the default setting to get my Bass/Center channel speakers to work properly.

I am not sure what version of the board you have or if it still incorporates the jumper, but you might want to look and try it out if you have one.

Good Luck

Al

It turns out that i have the same board as u and i have the same jumper, im i supposed to set it to type2 bass? Is the onboard sound better than my SoundBlaster Live! Value(not 5.1)

Y.E said:
It turns out that i have the same board as u and i have the same jumper, im i supposed to set it to type2 bass? Is the onboard sound better than my SoundBlaster Live! Value(not 5.1)

You can try it and see if it is the cause of your problem.

I disabled the onboard sound in my MB a long time ago. My Soundblaster live value beats it by far:)

Al

i dont know if it is the current setting or what exactly but i have 2 altec lansing speaker sets (both the 3pcs) and the onboard sound lets me run one as front and one as surround and the soundblaster doesnt (i had reg. speakers as surrond sound on the soundblaster b4 but the altec lansing 3pcs did not work) ill see if i can play around with it and make it work. Is it necassary to disable the onboard sound if i dont use it?

Back