• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with GameVE.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyfoid

Well had some bad luck today... Last week after seeing here at the overclockers.com forums that GameVE.com was shipping the NF7-S Rev 2.0 and the 1700+ that was an underclocked 2800+ I emailed them to confirm the fact of them shipping NF7-S Rev 2.0’s and they confirmed it. The next day they updated their website as well so it showed Rev 2.0 on the description. So I decided to order both the NF7-S Rev 2.0 and the 1700+ Tbred (JIUHB:0312/DLT3C) on separate orders but the same day. Well the order was going as normal as I had ordered my last motherboard an Abid KD7 from GameVE.com as well. And to be completely honest I had no thoughts of me not getting the correct motherboard, the processor is the item I thought may be delivered and be incorrect. So thinking I should check the numbers on the processor I opened it first to find the exact processor I ordered. A devious smile comes across my face. Next I grab the box my motherboard is shipped in and open it. I look at the box looking for the Rev 2.0 sticker I had heard of being on the box. However did not find it so I opened the box and staring me in the face was a ver. 1.0, not a 1.1, or even a 1.2, but a 1.0. As I was putting the board down to pick up my phone I notice the northbridge fan, it was dirty as hell! This is not only a ver. 1.0 but its used too! GameVE.com sent me a used board?!? I called GameVE after further inspection and after waiting for several minutes talk to “Co” and he informed me that this isn’t the first incident that this has happened with the Rev 2.0 and he apologized, then said “GameVE would make it right”. I immediately asked how they planned on making it right and his response was that they would replace it. I chuckled and said I hope they didn’t plan on me paying the shipping fees to return it and he said no, GameVE.com would pay shipping but would never give me details on how the planned on paying it in order for me to send it back. I told him I expected since this was not my fault I expected the replacement to be drop shipped free of charge but he said he couldn’t do that. So now here is my problem I trusted gameve.com too much and already placed my KD7 for sale at eay.com and the auction ends in 2 days. Now if you think about all the shipping involved I will be without a computer for 6 days, that’s 3 days there, the weekend, then 3 more days for them to ship me a real Rev2.0 to me. Mean while GameVE.com definitely has the money I paid for a brand new NF7-S Rev 2.0 to be delivered in 3 business days. The way I see it is that they have not upheld their part of our sales contract and should do everything possible to finish this deal the best they can. I am asking for an overnight cross shipment in which they include a shipping label in the box with my replacement board to cover the shipping of the “USED” Rev 1.0 board they sent me.
Do you think this is an unacceptable request?

here are some pics of the motherboard they sent me:
This one shows how dirty the northbridge fan was upon delivery and still is.
Northbridge.JPG

This one shows its a Ver. 1.0
Label.JPG

This one shows how the bios label is kind of folded as if it were replaced.
Bios.JPG

Should of went to Excaliber.com...they are selling NF7-S rev2 and 1700 tbred combos...

ABIT NF7-S Special (Deluxe) MEGA Power Combo

ABIT NF7-S v2.0
AMD XP1700+ Tbred (JIUHB:0310UPMW) Tray CPU
ABIT nForce2 (Deluxe) BIOS Survival Kit for NF7 v2.0 Series
For 199.99 + shipping, guaranteed, or your money back

ABIT NF7-S Special (Deluxe) MEGA Power PLUS Combo

ABIT NF7-S v2.0
AMD XP1700+ Tbred (JIUHB:0310UPMW) Tray CPU
ABIT Serillel Kit (bare kit, w/o retail color box)
ABIT nForce2 (Deluxe) BIOS Survival Kit for NF7 v2.0 Series
211.99 + shipping, guaranteed, or your money back

If you can get your money back from GameVE.com, this would be a better deal for you.

If I recall correctly the excaliber only had an underclocked 2600 to 1700, plus I had actually ordered from GameVE.com prior to this with no problems.

Not to mention I paid nearly 50 bucks less!

Wouldn't know since they don't and wont say the last 5 digits of any CPU...but still better then getting told you will get a rev 2 board and then end up getting a rev 1 board ;)...

Have you tried contacting GVE and seeing what they will do about it, after being told and seeing that they are selling rev 2's?

very true, So do you all think my request of them cross shipping overnight me a new board is outlandish?

Hows that too outlandish when you were told that you would get a rev 2...I personally think that is too nice ;)...

shoot they said they didn't want to do that, thats why I am smearing this all over the web!

yes, Co, the representative I talked to said this isn't the first case of this happening and he thinks the shipping department sent out a bunch of their RMAs to people that ordered new Rev 2.0s and that GameVE would pay me to ship it back, but thats all. He also wouldn't go indepth on how the shipping would take place, I would get that in an email from the RMA department only after I went to their website and filled out an RMA form. I asked about the overnight cross shipment and he said they will not do that.

My personal opinion is that if they do not overnight crossship me a new Rev 2.0 I will not only never order from them again and in the past I had been ordering approximately $165 worth of stuff from them every 3-4 months. I know that's not a ton, but its at least a return customer that had been a walking talking advertisment for them...

Thanks for the post actually, I was about to order from there...think I will stick with Excaliber...and if it was there fault like the rep said, they should O.N. it for that simple fact...but it sounds like they don't want to spend the extra money to keep the customers happy...no matter how much they spend, every customer generates more money...or in this case can cost them money ;)...

Hope things eventually works out for you man...

Thanks for posting, I was actually planning to buy the same combo as you for an NF7 and 1700+ from gameve. Keep us updated on the situation.

Its definitely messed up that they not only sent you the wrong one, but an RMA'd board!

-efini

Dude u r asking for a lot. Aceept the fact they made a mistake. They obviously wanna make it right. Cross shipping is aking a lot. Just send it back and take the hit and stop *******g sometimes things can't always go ur way. GameVE seems to be doing everything within its power and u are just being a *****. Get over it.

Before I go on I wish to address youthemandan. Dude, first of all let me explain that the part that really ****ed me off is the fact that if it truely were a mistake and they shipped me the wrong one, mine would more than likely still be there, but when I called to let them know, the operator was rude, even raised his voice to me. Not to mention if it truely was a mistake it would have happened once. But "Co" specifically said this isn't the first time it happened... Then they were sold out! The next day when I called back to find out about my RMA request "Co" told me they were sold out! So even though they knew they screwed up and misshipped me a ver 1.0 they continued to sell the rest of them and didn't even have the courtesey to save me one! Now thats some B.S.!!!

Now for the update:

There is more to the story now, and will post it tomorrow, when I have more time.

Back