• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best IT7 Bios for OCing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathman20

High Speed Premium Senior
I was just trying to squeze everything I got out of my chip and was wondering if there was any BIOS that worked better then another. Please share your results to this.

Hello,

A while back I used phantom punisher's mod bios and it has a divider of 6. With it, I was able to push an L2 Malay SL6RZ 2.4B to 196 FSB @ 1.7v using the divider instead of the pci/agp locks. I wasn't able to run anything stable over 190 FSB with the original Abit bios.

I gave back the chip back to my friend and now it runs only 3.33 on his asus. Tis' a shame....

-efini

efini said:
Hello,

A while back I used phantom punisher's mod bios and it has a divider of 6. With it, I was able to push an L2 Malay SL6RZ 2.4B to 196 FSB @ 1.7v using the divider instead of the pci/agp locks. I wasn't able to run anything stable over 190 FSB with the original Abit bios.

I gave back the chip back to my friend and now it runs only 3.33 on his asus. Tis' a shame....

-efini

I keep on hearing about this bios.. WERE CAN I GET IT? and do they have one for the MAX2?

ok.. I just got the bios, loaded it up... and sure enough the bios has settings for up to 3.2v... yet nothing works past 2.8v.. for example 2.9 is really 2.5 and 3.0 is really 2.6v what' s going on? someone help me out...

Back