• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA-8SQ800 vs. ABIT BH7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

freedomsbeat

Hey guys,
I'll be picking up one of the two boards today.. My goal is to run rock stable, but I MAY want to overclock my 2.4b in the future.. Which is the more stable board? Thanks!

I have both. And both are stable. The BH7 will overclock the FSB higher but the Dual Channel DDR on the 8SQ800 will give you more memory bandwidth. I would say the the BH7 is 200mhz FSB ready for the new P4s coming out/the 8SQ800 is not.

IF you can crank the FSB way up on the BH7 it will get the memory benches close to the 8SQ800.

Both are good boards and both are fairly cheap.

The 8SQ800 FEELS the fastest. Probably because of the Dual Channel DDR memory.... and I put a HighPoint RocketRaid Serial ATA Card in it and 2-WD 40gb JBs/RAID0 [with RocketHeads] and they are FAST.

Still kinda playing with the BH7. It may have a little more in it.

The IT7 just keeps putting along. It is getting kinda 'old' now.

The P4B533 is one I built for my son. It is a real solid board. And it has a one of those SL6RZ VID 2.4s in it. A PHILIPPINES one that everyone says does not overclock. 3200 ain't bad... is it?

The Dual P3 setup is in an Enlight Fileserver case. It is a full blown FTP server with 9 HDDs and a CD-RW. 740gb of storage.

Every PC is on air. The 8SQ800 was a little touchy to set up overclocked. Found out what happens when you push it to far... it corrupts the HDDs ;)

They will probably all be old news anyway when the Canterwoods/Springdales hit the streets. I work for HP and we are already building them. Gotta say for stock factory PCs they are quite a bit quicker than all our prvious desktops. One interesting note is the HP 5000 Workstation [Granite Bay] which has only been out for a short time is being discontinued and replaced by the new 4100 Workstation which has a Canterwood board in it.

Last edited:
Terry, Thanks for the heads up. I have had to put my upgrade on hold till next month. So I might have to look into getting my hands on a canterwood instead of a 8SQ800.

Back