• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

refrifgerated cooling need to "cool down" prior to boot?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToledoSteel

Well I have in my possesion an old commercial water fountain. Got it the best way - free. Anyway, I was thinking of the potential (i'm new to water cooling and the like) if I were to intigrate this into a h20 system would I have to wait for the resevor to get cooled down before I booted on my system? I don't generally leave my comp on at night. So I guess what i'm asking is will I have to turn on the phase cooling system like 10min before the comp or something?

well,
how low does it get?,
below ambient temperature?
are you ready for condensation?

the answers are needed;)

I guess maybe I was asking this prematurely, I don't know how cold it gets yet. I still don't even have my water cooling setup yet. It was really more of a hypothetical type question. Although I do realize there will be many factors that can change the response.

well in this case, ONE thing to do

do the water cooling and see how it feels, if you need more cooling experiment with cooling the water, which add more factor to condider such as condensation, which not taken care could damage your cpu and mobo :eek:

just get your feet wet and move on from there:D

Short answer: No.

Because you're not directly refrigerating the CPU. As the chiller is in startup the circulating ambient temp water will cool well enough. By the time the water would warm up too much the chiller will have been chilling it for some time already.

It is still a good idea to turn it on and let it cool down first though, especially if your chip is heavily overvolted. You might need that chill for max stability.

Actually yes you want it to cool down first, you should keep the chiller on all the time so the liquid is always cold.When your computer is overclocked to its max from the chilled water, it wont be stable with ambient water.

Back