• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Missing 8IHXP part

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mattg

Howdy,
Does anyone know where to get one of these? The audio combo kit that supposedly is supposed to come with the 8IHXP rev.3 board?
Can't find it anywhere!
Also how come I can't overclock the videocard from Easy Tune 4?
It looks like there is option buttons to increase agp voltage and linear? But it just closes those controls and I can't use them.

Hey Matt

Sorry, don't know where to find the kit.

Easy tune does not work to overclock your video card and it is not supposed to. It only works on CPU. You have to let us know what video card you have if you want to overclock it. I have a AIW 9700 Pro and I use Radeonator 2.0 and it works well. Do a search on Google.

If Easy Tune controls are closed then those options are not supported for your board. Also, I have read alot about Easy Tune not working very well and causing instability in your overclocking efforts.

Good Luck
Skeetman

I have a AIW 9700 pro also. With a 2.53ghz cpu. The problem I am having is that I have a 5.1 surround sound system and in order to hook it up it takes all of my line out/line in/mic ports on my motherboard. So you know how the AIW needs to be connected to the line in port to hear the card's TV feature. Well without the audio combo card I have two choices: either listen to surround sound with other applications or switch my plugs all of the time to listen to T.V. The audio card would solve this problem.
If you go to this you can find a picture of what I'm talking about. Scroll down to step three and you'll see it.http://tw.giga-byte.com/english-web/home/6_channel_audio.htm

Last edited:
Hi Matt,

I know exactly what you mean about the AIW. That part came with my 8INXP, so it might be availabe from gigabyte. I would email them like Mystic said and see if they sell it separately and if it is compatable with your board.

On a side note, where did you get you're 2.53. I saw your running at 1.475 volts and was wondering if it is a SL6S2 multi-vid chip. I live in Portland and I was wondering if you got it at the Fry's in Wilsonville. If you did get it there what FPO/Batch # did you get?

Skeetman

Oh well, currently I'm trying to see if newegg will sell me one, hopefully they do. I guess I'll have to get a new goo sound card and it will probably fix my problem due to having more ports to connect to. (ie. audigy 2).

Anyways,

thanks dudes

Matt

I don't know if the IHXP has the right connector for that piece. On my INXP it has a connector labeled SURCEN that sits between 2 of the PCI slots. You might want to check compatability before you spend any money.

Skeetman

Yes ,the Ga-8IHXP does have the sur_cen connector as long as it's revision 3.0. Which mine is, that's why it should have came with my motherboard. Hopefully something will work out with newegg.

If it has the connector I'm suprised it didn't come with the hardware. Gigabyte seems to do a great job of including all the bells and whistles with their boards. Did you try emailing Gigabyte about it? Maybe they will send you a free one if it is supposed to come with the board.

Skeetman

Back