• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pentium 4 Server Boards.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

White Star

Kay. I got three quotes from different vendors who are putting together a M$ Small Business Server for this company I work for. All three of them had PC2100 DDR SDRAM with them. What's with that? Aren't there any P4 server boards that have memory controllers capable of speeds faster than 266mhz? That seems like something of a bottleneck to me. Especially for something that's supposed to act as a file server.

server? no. but for servers the mem speed is not realyl as important as people think it is. if you are going for a sandra score yeah, but in reality and practicality PC2100 ECC memory is ideal for servers. if you want a server with faster mem get an 800mhz P$ board put a joe cheep vid card in and pile the ram on it or something. but really mem speed for servers is limited period. worstations may be faster though. and you can use a workstation board for a server.

Back