• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mean Well S-240 or S-201 power supply?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Metalloid15

Registered
I am thinking about getting a Peltier/Water cooling setup, and I need to decide on a power supply. I had heard that the Mean Well S-240 was good, but can cost over $100. Well by chance I found an Australian retailer that has it for more like $68. I then browsed the website some more to find out that they also had the S-201 for like $48.

I couldn' really tell much of a difference between the two, except that the S-201 puts out 16.5A instead of 18. The only other thing that I noticed was the switching frequency. The S-201 is at 25Khz, and the S-240 is at 75Khz, but I have no idea what this means. Anyone want to fill me in on it? Will it affect performance? Also, if anyone has seen better deals on a good power supply, please let me know. Thanks.

The link to the product isn't working, but it is probably just a temporary problem. I will check it again later. Thanks a bunch.

www.astec.com

but i carnt seem to find this model on there site, il just copy the specs from mine

Model: AA20910
Max Continuos output power 350w
Max Continuos output +12v 22A
+5v 22A
Input 100 - 120v ~ 5.4A
200 - 240v ~ 2.7A
Made in China lol

and thats about it

I know a 226w pelt max's at 15.1v but i have read that they work best @ 12V, the extra voltage dosent help because of the extra heat load it puts on the pelt

Hope this helps

Actually I am now thinking about possibly cooling GPU and CPU with a TEC, so I might go with the Mean Well S-350, with 29A on the 12v line. That way I can run both TECs off of one PSU.

Warlord2, are you suggesting I put the 80watt pelt on my existing ATX PSU, or buy a new PSU for just the pelt?

Back