• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Highest FSB on BD7II?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TWY

What's the highest FSB can this board reach? :confused:

Do you guys do active cooling on the Northbridge? Cos I heard that anything above 160FSB, the Northbridge gets really heated up.

Maxvla said:
I've got mine at 200mhz. 195 stable.

Did you have any form of active cooling on the NB heatsink? How about the changing of thermal paste on it?

When you guys are talking about FSB , you mean in the 1:1 ratio right? I'm able to get my 2.26b up to 172mhz with the 1:1, and up to 165mhz with the 3:4 ratio making it run at 220mhz.. would that be the FSB or the memory speed?

I'm also getting the cold boot problem when using the 15% vcore voltage and FSB above 166mhz, anyone have a fix?

Think there's a problem with memory speeds above 220MHz for the i845E chipset. Not too sure about this myself.

Well...As a matter of fact, I cant get mine to go over 155MHz. This is with a chip/memory combo that was tested and stable at 180FSB on another board.

if you are forceing the fsb on the mobo to run at 33/66 for pci and agp you will have cold boot problems....
i recommend going to this site and getting the modded BD7-II bios has /5 and /6 dividers. http://www.phantompunisher.netfirms.com/

i have been using it for a while and like the extra options that he enabled.....there were there but abit disabled these other few options.

i have been using it for a while and like the extra options that he enabled.....there were there but abit disabled these other few options
so what else besides the 5,6 dividers are available in phantoms bios.
i am using abits bu bios on this board right now,maybe this bios is the ticket.
thnx

also one or two more voltage increaments and some others i forgot what they are..

I can't download the bios from that website, anyone willing to help. I need it for the bd7II, having the cold boot problem above 166mhz

Back