• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-8SQ800 owners who bought from NewEgg...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

guppie

GA-8SQ800 owners...

I know you can have 4 USB ports. Please tell me if this mobo comes with the USB port accessory thingy? (The cable/bracket that allows you to have 4 USB ports), because I definitely need a mobo with at least 4 USB ports. Also, I know 2 ports are USB 2.0, does that mean all 4 ports are too?

What is the concensus on the type of RAM to get for this? I was thinking of playing it safe and saving a few dollars and get PC3200. I will want to take advantage of Dual-DDR, so get 2 sticks. Kingston 256MB PC3200 Hyper-X sound good? Its very affordable right now at $63. I know people argue back and forth about Corsair XMS and Kingston Hyper-X, but that also depends on the chipset/mobo as well... RAM seems to be getting rather picky nowadays, huh? I just want to know what most people are using so as to stick with the mainstream.

Last edited:
Back