• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4T-E oc potential?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

McGarnicle

I'm just getting into the OC scene, so bear with me pls.

What are the limitations I should expect with my asus P4T-E? Are there any good utils out there to assist in the oc process? I've found the bios itself to be pretty limited.

Links to topics or sites that cover this board's oc'ing are much appreciated.

McG

It depends on your ram

d/l the manual for the jumper settings to allow FSP adjustment

their are two types of P4t-e memory control chips, i think i have the ICS (the ones you want) these allow hgihger FSBs

I can get mine up to 140 or so with a 1.8A, so im happy, thats with my pc800 ram at like PC1120

i had to pin mod my chip for higher voldtage though
let me know if you ahve any specific questions...

no, don't buy this mobo. I regreted it. You can barely raise the fsb high unless u use jumpers, and there's no pci/agp dividers. The board sux for ocing, trust me, i know.

Well if you already own the board and are looking to get the most out of it, then there is some potential. I have had a very good experience with this board.

As mentioned above, you will need to become familiar with the dipswitches in order to achieve a good overclock and maintain the integrity of the pci/agp. The other issue to consider when using the dipswitches is that you loose the option to raise the core voltage. There are the pin tricks to change the core voltage but that is a pain in the butt.

I fortunately found a 2.53 chip that will run @ 150 (600mhz) @ default voltage. This board is basically maxed out @ 156 regardless of what you put in it. So I have been very satisfied with the results.

Good luck with it!

rek :)

Thanks for your input guys.

I've had this board since it came out and it has served me well over the past year or so. That being said I just placed an order for a new Asus P4C800. The P4T-E is just a little too old now to allow me to do much with.

McG

whats funny is that with mt "outdated" P4T-e

with PC800 @ PC1120 Turbo samsung ram I get higher Sandra memory scores than this dual channel DDR

the loss of RAMBUS has hurt Intel
DDR cant keep up
not with canterwoods o/c to 1300FSB, people will have to run there DDR asynchronously, defeating the purpose of DCDDR

what a shame
loss of competition is bad for everyone

I would love a canterwood with PC1600 Rimms

not some lousy sis solution

Well.. it isn't the most exciting oc-mobo.
I raised the fsb to 156 mHz (max) and set the ram to x3.
So now my 1.6 is running @ 2.5 @1.45 volt. The ram is running @ 936 mHz

Back