• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aopen ax4g pro beeps and everything shuts down

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhatKirby

I just put in a Aopen Ax4G Pro motherboard. Put a Geforce3 ti200 AGP4x video card in, SB Live! sound card, P4 2.53ghz processor with a 533 mhz bus, 512 MB DDR333 ram.
Plugged everything in and here's what happens.
I press the power button, the thing turns on for like maybe half a second. During this half a second, it beeps.. and then, everything just shuts down. I tried re-installing all of the hardware, including the processor and heatsink. but it still has the same problem. I have no idea what's wrong with this thing. AOPEN doesn't have a tech support line that I can call.. when I call it, it says the number's been disconnected. Could it be that I plugged something in wrong or do I have a deffective board? Please reply as soon as possible.

Check your reset switch cables going to mother board. Sounds like it's shorting/connected together. Don't know if it's a motherboard problem. Try removing everything but the video card, clearing the cmos, and make sure you have grease on the cpu/heatsink and fan.

Back