• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trying to OC.. stability/temp problems?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Scant7

I tried upping my FSB to 148 in BIOS.. and I saved and exited.. and comp never restarted, it stuck at a black screen with a curser blinking in the top left corner

I also had my computer at 2.6ghz.. I ran prime95.. it ran for about 5 tests then my computer randomly restarted

I did CPU and BIOS information in SiSoft and it says SiSoftware Sandra

Sensors
CPU1 Temperature : 127.0°C / 260.6°F
Auto Fan Speed Control : No
CPU1 Fan Speed : 3013rpm
CPU1 Voltage : 1.55V

But in EasyTune4 (software that came with my mobo) it says 28C

I changed memory timings from 2-6-3-3 to 2-7-2-3 and I think im stable at 145FSB now.. but I cant get over 145???? I tried 147.. and when I rebooted.. all I got was one long beeeeeeeeeep.. and so I had to hard shut down and put it back at 145.. :(

Scant7,

Sorry to hear it. Your chip should do over 145. It is probably your MB. I have read about other people having probs OCing with that board. Try setting your memory to the most relaxed settings and try again to increase fsb.

What is FPO/Batch of your chip? Also, what kind of PS are you using? We need more info if you want help.

Skeetman

fixed the problem.. when i oc'd the FSB it oc'd the DRAM for my memory to high.. im using pc2700 and the dram clock was around 386.. so I lowered it and I also relaxed the memory times.. 2-7-3-3.. thanks anyways.. ima make a post in the cpu area, feel free to read it :)

Back