• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Highest FSB for a 845PE mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

parallax

I´m getting one of these 1.8A mobile processors, and i´ll need some high FSBs (like 220x12 = 2620mhz)

so what´s the best mobo for FSB oc'ing? I´ve heard the BH7 but not sure...

thanks for the help :)

Forget about i845, get one of the new Dual Channel DDR springdale or canterwood boards. From what I have seen 250FSB is easy, and 300FSB is possible on these boards...with the right RAM (also have 3:2 and 2:1 FSB:MEM dividers...)

markodude said:
Forget about i845, get one of the new Dual Channel DDR springdale or canterwood boards. From what I have seen 250FSB is easy, and 300FSB is possible on these boards...with the right RAM (also have 3:2 and 2:1 FSB:MEM dividers...)

well i would :( but can´t wait, my p4g8x is at RMA right now and i got no PC

markodude said:

Any references?

BHD

Did I miss the part about overclocking? I didn't see anything that even suggests what the chipset (or Northwood C's) will do when you crank up the FSB.

BHD

BaldHeadedDork said:
Did I miss the part about overclocking? I didn't see anything that even suggests what the chipset (or Northwood C's) will do when you crank up the FSB.

BHD

Intel reference boards never have overclocking options...
Abit has done a release article on their version which is touted as having special overclocking abilities....:)

so what´s the best mobo for FSB oc'ing? I´ve heard the BH7 but not sure...

To answer your question , besides the BH7 in that price range
Albatron PX845PE - Fast, cheap, reported high FSB settings
Asus P4PE L - Popular, feature rich, has had AGP/PCI locking problems
Giga-byte GA-8PE800 - Stable, feature rich, fast

Threre are several levels of each board depending on the features you want. If you want to spend $$ and want all the bells and whistles ABIT IT7 MAX2 V.2 is a good choice.
They are all strong boards.

I thinking of getting a Asus P4PE since the latest bios supposedly fixed the agp/pci problem

definately BH7. thats your only option.

87 dollars for the board and official 200fsb guarantee.

you get all the bells and whistles with it except dual ddr. not bad eh?

mcortz_2000 said:

Sorry for the delay.... but here it is...:)

http://www.abit-usa.com/news/2003/20030411.php

This will give you a small taste of whats to come....:)

Don't take offense, but this is just a press release. If press releases were always honest Windows ME would have been a multi-media breakthrough, women would fall over me when I use that cologne I bought from an ad in the back of Popular Mechanics, and I'd have a head of thick, rich, sexy hair.

BHD

misc

Can i845pe's handle 200mhz FSB; the new cpus? I have an albatron i845PEVPRO with 333mhz DDR and was wondering if this is an option.

Thanks,

Back