• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Canterwood is Here!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BaD CrC

According to the various today's review, the P4C800 from Asus does have an o/c 300Mhz FSB available. Without additional cooling, most of the tests seem to prove that 250Mhz is possible and hassle free (for both Asus and Gygabyte mobo based on i875)

I hope they get the performance up a bit....
I was hoping for a bit more......
I understand the driver issues aside it should not be losing to 850E at all.......:(
Just my .02.....:)

oc workbench could only get the 3ghz to 215fsb

and the benchmarks are only slightly better than a rambus board, sometimes worse. But if your buying a new system then it doent make ny sense not to get canterwood....... buts not like a massive leap from where we were and OC potential is still an unknown

Personally i dont see much use for it on the 800 fsb cpu's but it could be real promising with the 533's. unless of course abit or soletek can come up with a board that does 300 fsb....

flapperhead said:
Personally i dont see much use for it on the 800 fsb cpu's but it could be real promising with the 533's. unless of course abit or soletek can come up with a board that does 300 fsb....

xbitlabs.com had something about the chaintech springdale board doing 1200mhz FSB and i am personally going for the abit canterwood...

Last edited:
BaD CrC said:
According to the various today's review, the P4C800 from Asus does have an o/c 300Mhz FSB available. Without additional cooling, most of the tests seem to prove that 250Mhz is possible and hassle free (for both Asus and Gygabyte mobo based on i875)

too bad the Asus' CPU voltage only goes up to 1.6V. What were they thinking? Doesn't matter though, the Abit one is definately going in my rig!

If im not mistaken the asus review i read had ai (atificial intelligence) to help oc'ing with a fsb up to 400 meg..( but id be relly happy if it cranked to 300)

Yup... I highly recommend EVERYONE hold off on buying these new Canterwood boards.
And as a couple of you guys said they probably don't overclock AT ALL, and are buggy and expensive.
Stay with your old setups. Hell, DDR2 and Prescott2s are gonna be here by the end of next year! Hang in there! And the features on these new boards are old news anyways.
So take the old man's advice and do not buy one! You will be throwing money down the toilet for sure. Hope I talked some sense into you guys and you will avoid wasting your money on them.

P.S. Who has the Abit IC7-G Max2 Advance in stock? Am dying to get one now that I talked all of you out of buying them up :D

HT

Is this chipset only for newer HT chips or can you use it with older 2.8 or 2.6 CPU's?

If abit stays with the 659 and builds a 9.6 gig screamer in q3 it'll be to tempting not to buy one. Otherwise ive simply got no other choice... Do you hear my plea abit? u are my only chance, obe won ka nobi...

Have you seen the price for the Asus board its 279.00 US at Newegg. Thats pretty steep. Its a workstation board but wow. I wonder what the Springdale is gonna be.

At googlegear it's 249
Have you seen the price for the Asus board its 279.00 US at Newegg. Thats pretty steep. Its a workstation board but wow. I wonder what the Springdale is gonna be.

Back