• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prometia or Vapochill?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krairach

Registered
I am wondering which one is better.
I don't care how it look or alu case or not.

Features/functionality/Price are more important.
Also looking for the possibility of changing to R404.

Based on my preliminary study, both Vapochill and Prometia seem to be very close in terms of functionality and features.
However, a Vapochill is a bit cheaper than a Prometia esp. the Standard Edition of Vapochill which has 130W capacity. I think it should be enough for AMD [email protected]

Prometia is going to launch a new model but I guess it is going to be much more expensive. Not good not good.

Anyone have more info?

Any comment/recommendation please?

Last edited:
I would wait for the new prometia, if you are going to spend that kind of money you might as well get the best for a little more money.

Vapochill Standalone SE = 384 euros + 49 euros freight (asetek webshop)
Vapochill Standalone PE = 458 euros + 49 euros freight (asetek webshop)
Vapochill SE = 559 euros (in Holland)
Vapochill PE = 619 euros (in Holland)

Prometia Black = 709 euros (in Holland) www.oc-shop.com

Last edited:
ew that doesnt look good

go with the vapo PE then, If you up the voltage to 2.2v then you will most likely be putting out more than 130watts. Also that compressor would work better with the r404 if you decide to refill it later.

I am interested in Vapochill Standalone PE (save me 100 euros for the case/mounting)

I have an AOpen Full Tower ATX Case.
Do you have any idea it would fit in the upper section of the case?

madcow235 said:
i hear that the vapos crush amds. and 2.2v :eek:

I've been mounting approx. 10 AMD Tbreds in my vapo... and never a single crushed core. Asetek send shims with the case now...

It's so simple to use and 2.2 V isn't impossible... I'm at 2.05 V right now...

/Norrko

2.05 is one thing, but 2.2 is almost sighning your cpus death warrant. I suppose it depends on the chip.

A pally could probably stand 2.2 under subzero cooling. A tbred would be less than happy.

Finally, Just order a Vapochill Standalone PE today.
But I heard that it is difficult to fit into an AOpen HQ08 Full Tower case.
The height of a vapochill 16cm takes about 4x5.25" drivebays.
The width of a vapochill 19cm is about 1 cm bigger than the case.
vapochill1.JPG

Last edited:
nah, that comes with a Lian-Li mod.. the original Prometeia with Lian-Li mod is 1050 euros there

Back