• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit IT7 Max2 ver. 2, Can't boot up system disk

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amaesing

Registered
Hi all, just got my system all setup with the following: Abit it7 max2 ver.2, 2.8ghz p4, 512mb ocz 3200 ddr, 120gb Maxtor hd, and ati 9700 pro. First off, the motherboard didn't read my 2.8 cpu, and I had to user define it? I have the c6 bios. And now I try to start up my windows xp disk, and no luck booting up. System keeps telling me to enter system disk and press enter. Do I need an original xp disk? cause i've used my backup xp disks in the past and they've worked. Also I don't have the original, so i'm out of luck there if that is the cause. Any feedback would be great. Thanks.

is it set to boot from CD first??? are your sure the xp disk is bootable? when you used it in the past was it booting from it, if yes then its bootable and its probably set to something as the boot device

The disk is bootable, and i did set the cdrom drive to boot. I'll double check, also a minor note: how about when the mobo defines my cpu as 2.1ghz, and not 2.8, which i have to user define? Other than that I have significant major problems, and my temps are: system: 29C, and cpu 49C (which is probably unread right), I'm using a zalman 7000 heatsink, fan set to high, anything else you guys can think of to help would be great.

Back