• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me with a OC board!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Keruberne

After the temperatur problems with the Abit BH7 board i have decided to pick an other board so i need u guys to help to decide witch OC board i shall pick for my P4NW 2.66Ghz

Asus BP? Asus Black Pearl

Gigabyte SINXP? SINXP

Gigabyte 8PE667? Ultra 2 8PE667 Ultra 2

Chaintech 9EJS1 Zenith? 9EJS1 Zenith

I have to be good at OC and stable, so wich shall i pick?

I've been looking at the Chaintech 9EJS1 board and it get pretty good reviews had my mind set on 1 but just can't afford it right now($148 at newegg). Already have a cheapo mobo(Jetway) on the way. Just looking for a processor to get my system up and running till I can afford what I really want..(Like to get the 9EJS1 and a P4 1.8~2.4 proc)

I've been running my Gigabyte PE667 Ultra 2 at 180 Mhz with minimal hiccups for over a month now. It locks up MAYBE once every 2 weeks or so. Not that big a deal for me, but I might lower it sometime soon if it starts getting any more annoying.

But to me, this is the premier board everyone should be looking at if they're not going to wait for a canter/springy. I've heard a few good things and a few bad things about all the other boards as well, but I have heard ALL good things about the PE667. I mean, it's solid as a rock, runs high FSB's with a 2.4B C1, and I've beaten out A LOT of granite bay users in 3DMark tests.

I wouldn't trade this board in for anything.

Sorry, but of those choices nothing comes close to matching the Abit BH7. Not sure what problems you had, but I'm sure it must of been a fluke.

I'm getting higher than normal temps with my BH7 too. I think it's just due to a wacked out sensor. Only time will tell if this is the case or not. Worse comes to worse I'll get a significantly shorter CPU life span and be forced to buy a canterwood board ;)

Back