• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chip-con Releases the New Prometeia Mach II

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Penguin4x4

Are you my Daddy?
http://www.chip-con.com/index.php?pageid=43

With the evolvement of the Prometeia Mach II system, Chip-con now offers you a cooling system with an impressive list of new features and improvements.

Not only is the Mach II the most advanced and professional cooling system on the market today, the Mach II also allows a wider range of customization for the individual user.

The New Mach II cooling solution is capable of removing a remarkable 33% more effect than the previous Prometeia system. With the Mach II, users will be operating the most powerful cooling system commercially available!

With the implementation of heating wires inside the thermal bus, the Prometeia is now capable of handling a humidity of approximately 85% RH. This enables users to operate the Prometeia system in all environments. The Chip-controller manages/controls the effect of the heating wires and elements to ensure optimal cooling capacity without risking condensation. With the implementation of new fans, the Mach II will have a noise level around 3-4 dB lower than before, at normal operation. In addition, the Mach II is equipped with adjustable fan speed via Windows user interface, which will minimize the noise level even further (low Noise settings).

Chip-con has significantly reduced overall startup-time with 2-3 minutes, enabling the Mach II to reach boot temperature (-33º C) degrees in about 3 minutes. This can be further improved by choosing a higher boot tempeature in the user interface. The new control system will prevent the CPU from getting powered until the desired boot temperature is reached.

The Mach II comes with a new user interface which allows users to monitor as well as change a variety of system parameters. You can change/view settings for: fans, boot temperature, display text, errors, operation log and more. The new Chip-controller handles the entire system operations and performance. Furthermore, the new Chip-controller is programmable and can be upgraded with new firmware. With new software, it is possible to add new features to the Chip-controller and user interface. When new software is available, this can be downloaded directly via our Website.

With the Mach II, Chip-con has made the Front Display optional. The standard Mach II unit does not have front display as system information can be monitored via graphic user interface. For those interested in also adding a front display to their Prometeia system, Chip-con resellers carries 2 new Displays. These displays allow you to select your own text or to choose from standard settings. Available in green or orange.

Looks quite yummy, :burn:

Chip-Con says they have made it available for customers around the world. Has anyone found any american companies that are actually selling it yet?

I don't see the need for more cooling power. The current Prometeia cools enough for all modern CPUs to be overvolted as high as can be done without destroying them, and enough to overclock them to very close to where their cores can go at top end. Lower temperatures at this point are like loud bass in a hooptie. Only in this case they won't even get you a two bit skank.

The other features are a nice addition though.

I agree the other features are definatly what have my attention. Still I think the additional cooling will be an excellent marketing tool for them.

donny_paycheck said:
I don't see the need for more cooling power. The current Prometeia cools enough for all modern CPUs to be overvolted as high as can be done without destroying them, and enough to overclock them to very close to where their cores can go at top end. Lower temperatures at this point are like loud bass in a hooptie. Only in this case they won't even get you a two bit skank.

The other features are a nice addition though.
]

that is true that its cool enough for it to handle any voltage you can through at it but I have still yet to see any pre-made
phase-change unit to give better temps then one you can make on your own for half the price even if you buy everything new. I think its mainly the refrigerant that they changed, I heard talk that they were testing r404a for a long period of time because the compressor wasnt made for it. I think thats what they could of changed to get -50c temps, that and prosibly a little bigger compressor for a better vacuum. Anyways -50c is pretty good but dont think you will get those temps when thrawing 120 watts at it;)

Back