• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New vid card and psu and now no post.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thef0x82

Okay here's what I got:

Mobo: Asus P4B266-C
Memory: Mwave brand PC2100 DDR 256 megs
New PSU: Enermax 300w
New Video Card: Saphire ATI Radeon 9100
CPU: 1.9ghz P4 Willy

So I got a new power supply because I was running a P4 on a 200 watt (yes I'm stupid, but it worked and ran stable with good voltages on the rails). I finally got a new on, just an Enermax 300w. I also got a new vid card 'cause my Geforce 2 TI was making bad noise and overheating way too much. I put the new parts in the fans turn on, but no post. I tried putting the old vid card in with the new psu, no post. I tried putting the old psu back in, no post. I pulled out all the unnecessary parts (sound, nic, etc.), still no post. I reset the CMOS (or atleast tried, I've never done it before, but I followed the directions in the mobo manual), no post.

What can I do? Without my machine I'm reduced to sitting on a foot stool using my mom's 300mhz Celeron machine, no gaming there.

If I can't get my machine running soon, I'll be forced to fully understanding how much of an addict I really am. :D

just check that all the wires are in order? TBH i dont know...

Don't bother with this, 1.4Ghz single core won't no anything gaming wise, it's just an internet browsing computer.

save up about 800$ and go get a nice 1075T + 6850 combo...

Back