• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Return shipping reinbursement from Newegg?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maxvla

Sadly this is my 3rd board for my AMD system in my sig that i will be returning.

When I return this board i will have spent nearly 50 dollars on return shipping.

Would I have any right in requesting a partial reinbursement for my shipping costs?

50 dollars shipping for a board costing just over 100 bucks is quite rediculous no?

hopefully my luck will change and i will actually get a WORKING BOARD. i'm getting rid of amd altogether and swapping back to intel. this probably means alot more stability and reliability.

comments? suggestions?

What a run of bad luck. I know you're not trying to start an AMD v. Intel flame war, but I agree with you. For reliability and stability, there's no better bet than an Intel cpu coupled with an Intel chipset.

The fact that you have to pay return shipping is unfair but standard operating procedure for most vendors. I wonder if you griped to newegg a bit about your displeasure if maybe they would give you some sort of credit for a future order? Give it a shot!

GOOD LUCK!

I always ask if they will reimburse me the shipping when I rma to newegg. I have not had to return much but what I have they have reimbursed me for:D It doesn't hurt to ask;)

As Kendan said I too have always been reimbursed for return shipping. I was given a fax # to fax a copy of my shipping reciept along with the rma #. Reimbursed every time and I only asked the first time. Here's the fax # 909-395-8907.

Good Luck.

i got reimbursed for mine over the phone. no receipt or anything and the guy even rounded it up to the nearest dollar. the only thing the wont do is give u the money back for the original shipping.

I have never had any trouble out of New Egg as of yet, but I have had to call many other places like Directron, Computergeeks and others, and once I requested that they pay me back for shipping they did, it is just the proper thing to do to keep the customer *ME* happy. Some other places like USSA.com will not even answer phones, email, etc so i will simply never do business with them again. Always ask when calling or emailing an RMA or just an exchange *depending on comp* What board where you purchasing for this AMD? I have heard of late that the lower end to middle wieght ECS's have had many dead boards with the VIA chipset. Just curious? Let me know.

Personally I think if you buy a product online and it breaks then return shipping is a risk you take. If you buy something from a regular store and it breaks do you ask for gas money when you bring it back to exchange it?

deez said:
Personally I think if you buy a product online and it breaks then return shipping is a risk you take. If you buy something from a regular store and it breaks do you ask for gas money when you bring it back to exchange it?
they were all broken before they even arrived.

well they refunded me 15 dollars. not bad. i'm happy.

once again newegg > all

You should ask them for a UPS Call Tag...You box it back up and UPS picks it up from you. The vender does the paper work and pays for it. FedEx may have this service too but I am not sure.

deez said:

I do not but then again it does not cost me over 15 bucks to go to the store...

deez said:

Point taken but, When you buy things in a B&M store you don't pay for shipping. Most items bought online require you pay shipping. This thread is about items recieved DOA. I feel you should not have to pay return shipping on DOA items. And so does Newegg because they will refund return shipping costs on DOA items. On the other hand if you buy something and decide after you get that its not what you want return shipping and restocking fees are on you.

I am going to have to call up and talk to them.

How did they refund it on your credit card or give you a coupon next time you order?

I am also going to have to return an NF7 for the 2nd time and it's so far cost me $20.

credit card. credit was issued one day, money showed in my account the next day.

clarification: visa check card.

Ehh, I don't know if that's going to work, cause my uncle ordered the parts on his credit card and I payed for the shipping out of my own pocket. :(

I wonder if I RMA the board, they can credit my card not his.

Wait, this isn't the newegg boards is it, sorry for ranting. :(

Man 3 dead boards, that is ridiculous.

I have also accepted it as a risk of online buying and getting killer deals from places like Newegg, that once in a while you'll have to eat return shipping charges. However, as I said, 3 times is unacceptable.

I understand why they have strict policies though. I trust you and am not accusing you of this, but think how many people fry their boards through carelessness and then file an RMA. Online vendors have to protect themselves.

At the same time they shouldn't sell bad stuff. Just think though, if Newegg opened and tested every board they sold, we'd be paying double.

Just some late night uninspired thoughts. I'm sure glad you got $15 back.

Back