• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4pe 1003 final

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chief

Been reading at the asus board but do not see where anybody varified if the 1003 final release did in fact fix the agp/pci lock issue.Without the audigy in mine 153fsb was stable but I am at 147 with this 2.53 and it runs great.Agp/pci is set to auto and mem at 387 (I believe) @2/2/2/5.Got it to boot @2950 but will not boot @3003.

Chief said:
Been reading at the asus board but do not see where anybody varified if the 1003 final release did in fact fix the agp/pci lock issue.Without the audigy in mine 153fsb was stable but I am at 147 with this 2.53 and it runs great.Agp/pci is set to auto and mem at 387 (I believe) @2/2/2/5.Got it to boot @2950 but will not boot @3003.

I think the 1003 bios is crap. I just flashed my board from 1002 to 1003 and couldn't get my fsb past 163. In the 1002v I can get my fsb all the way to 197fsb, but 195 is stable and tthats what I have it at right now. I had to reflach my with the 1002v in order to get my oc back

Yes i found to they are crap!Back to 1002's for me.I would love to know how you are getting the fsb up that high.159 and mine will not boot even with this pc3200 at 1/1.Also with running that high can you play games - run apps for hours without crashing?

Chief said:
Yes i found to they are crap!Back to 1002's for me.I would love to know how you are getting the fsb up that high.159 and mine will not boot even with this pc3200 at 1/1.Also with running that high can you play games - run apps for hours without crashing?

Heh heh...Vapochill and outpost.com SL6S2 2.53 multi-vid p4.

Hello,
I really am scratching my head with this 1003 final BS......So many people say nothing but problems with the final 1003 bios......BUT.....For me I do not have a problem with it at all.....I can still maintain my 173FSB @ default with mem @ 433MHZ.....and haven't noticed any problems at all since I flashed on april 15......and as well I am doing heavy video editing and encoding 24/7 and not a glitch.......I really can't figure this one out......The only thing that I can see is the different revisions of the board...mine happens to be a v1.0.....and maybe others who are experiencing problems have a higher version....But this I really don't know and am just guessing....

SKI

dj_ski69 said:
Hello,
I really am scratching my head with this 1003 final BS......So many people say nothing but problems with the final 1003 bios......BUT.....For me I do not have a problem with it at all.....I can still maintain my 173FSB @ default with mem @ 433MHZ.....and haven't noticed any problems at all since I flashed on april 15......and as well I am doing heavy video editing and encoding 24/7 and not a glitch.......I really can't figure this one out......The only thing that I can see is the different revisions of the board...mine happens to be a v1.0.....and maybe others who are experiencing problems have a higher version....But this I really don't know and am just guessing....

SKI

Just because you aren't having problems like the rest of us doesn't mean it is BS.:rolleyes:

But, the idea of the board revisions does shed some light on the current issue. My particular P4PE revision is 1.3 and the 1003v bios will not let me clock my chip past 163fsb...no matter what I do! But the 1002v bios will let me scale up to 197fsb stable. HHMMmmmmmmmmmm? (scratches head)

Yep,
We need more peeps to chime in on what version board they have and with what bios they are using......this could be an issue to bring up to asus once some better data can be collected.....

SKI

i am running version 1003.12 beta with 166 fsb and no problems.

how i identify the motherboard version i have ?

why dont asus post details of what they changed in the bios.

has anyone tried the new 1004 beta ?

are temps still high and core volts all over the place

should i try 1003 full. Edit (did this last night cant see any differance so far)

i cant think of any more questions

oh i yes one more why does my orando gold fish float at the top of the tank since i change the food to sinking pellets instead of floating ones ? (sorry it's off topic)

Last edited:
Tried both 1002 and 1003 on my rev 1.03 board, noticed NO significant difference in ability to raise fsb with either, especially a 30+ mhz difference, currently running a 2.0A at 170fsb, couldn't get 175 no matter what I do with either BIOS

myarse is the fish eating the sinking stuff? maybe he is floating at the top looking for that yummy floating food you used to give him.

AngryKid said:
myarse is the fish eating the sinking stuff? maybe he is floating at the top looking for that yummy floating food you used to give him.

yes he is eating it.

when i say floating i mean like he is full of air and just floats back to the surface. Last night he was upside down too.

he's not floating at the moment so i think it's the food. plus i have some tonic stuff thats for swim bladder problems.

buy the goldfish my girlfriend says they dont need heaters and are easy to look after she says funny how she has never helped to clean the filters and do a water change :(

haha been there done that with a GF. Wait until the subject of dog comes up. LOL

your are right, sounds like swim bladder. Through college I worked at an aquarium store and that happened to goldfish the most. silly little imbred beasts. (the goldfish not aquarium store clerks :p well maybe the clerks too!)

how the h*** are you guys getting such high fsb's? I about to make a nice change to water cooling, but on a good aircooling system I couldnt get a post past 122mhz (P4 2.4 400MHz). Whats with everyone always beating me? LOL (joke). I guess I will see what I can do after I buy my new DD Pelt. Waterblock.

Kyle

Why waste your cash on that when you can spen the same or less on a 2.4b SL6EF or SL6RZ that can get 3 gigs no problem air cooled at default voltage....

SKI

Waste money on a DangerDen??? :rolleyes: Whatever man . . . I might have to go with a 2.4b in the summertime though. Thx for the advice

Kyle

Back