• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Springdale is out for $99

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JuniorESQ

Registered
:cool:

Why pay $ 200 for the Canterwood when you can have a Springdale for half price? Albeit, these cheaper boards have less features on them.

Starting at $ 99 to low $ 100s on Pricewatch, several vendors have the MSI 865P Neo in stock already and up for sale.

Do a search with the key word 865P.

Just because there's a Pricewatch price doesn't mean they have them yet. A number of places offering them have the bad habit of putting up an ETA, then changing it again and again.

it appears as though excaliberpc will let you order one. as it will let you go through all the steps up to submit order... which is where i stopped.

interesting.

there are a couple sites with eta's of 22-24 of april. this is just in time for me :D

Memorylabs.com claims they have it in stock on their pricewatch listing.

MSI - Motherboards
Info...

ONLINE ORDER ONLY -
MS 865PE NEO2-S 865PE/FSB 800/533/400/PC3200/8XAGP/ATA100/SATA/AGP8X/AUDIO RETAIL BOX

(( IN STOCK )) MSI 865PE NEO2,(601-6728-010) READY FOR OVERNIGHT, 2ND AND SAVER Price: $ 124
MinOrder: 1

Ship 1 : FREE 7-10 Days Insured Ground
Updated:4/17, 9:25 PM

$124.00 Memorylabs.com
Info...

408-453-2081

Is the Neo any good? I sit dual ddr? How does it compare to a BH7? I need to read up on these chipsets...

neo is the 865P which is a rehash of the 845PE which is single channel only.

neo2 is the 865PE which is the true springdale chipset with dual ddr.

i ordered a neo2-s (sata) from pcprogress yesterday. no word on it yet but it was supposed to be in tomorrow so i'm not expecting anything til tomorrow.

Maxvla said:
neo is the 865P which is a rehash of the 845PE which is single channel only.

neo2 is the 865PE which is the true springdale chipset with dual ddr.

i ordered a neo2-s (sata) from pcprogress yesterday. no word on it yet but it was supposed to be in tomorrow so i'm not expecting anything til tomorrow.

Where have you seen the 865p as only supporting single channel? Xbitlabs has a review of it up and they say it is dual channel, as do the retailers who currently stock the MSI neo:confused:

john433i said:

Where have you seen the 865p as only supporting single channel? Xbitlabs has a review of it up and they say it is dual channel, as do the retailers who currently stock the MSI neo:confused:
i could be mistaken. there isn't really any definitive source on this info.

but i read it was based on the 845PE which is definately a single channel chipset. i assumed it was single channel.

That 865 chipset IS DUAL CHANNEL. I do notice that the board is not even listed on MSI's own website, so be a little wary. The Springdale chipset NDA doesn't even expire until MAY & I just read that an "unnamed" mobo maker was punished for releasing their boards early thus violating the NDA & Chipzilla is more than a little upset. Anyone who gets this board please post your results though because everyone here is really interested.

i'm still waiting on mine to ship from pcprogress. should have been shipped yesterday when they said it was instock.

they have a perfect 10 resellerrating i would hate to break that because they can't figure out to ship my board.

IF that is the case, Alienware, Dell and a few other companies should get spanked too, as they are releasing 865/875 based machines. But of course, they are OEM's so different rules apply.

The 875 or "Canterwood" chipset doesn't apply because it's NDA already expired & the chipset has been offically announced. The 865 or "Springdale" chipset NDA is still in effect though. OEM's of course get preferential treatment from Intel, but board manufacturers are bound to whatever rules Intel sets & will be punished for breaking NDA's as they are legal & binding. You will see loads of different Canterwood boards by the end of this month & the Springdale boards will come in full force by the end of May. Tical has spoken.

Here is the direct quote I'm referring to.

"According to our sources from our friends in Taiwan, one manufacturer(MSI?) rushed out their 865 Springdale boards way before the NDA expires in May. This company has been slapped on the wrist and it is rumoured that the company will have to pay a penalty for this act. Unconfirmed news says that the company will not be supplied with more new chipsets until until 21st May (launch day)."

Last edited:
my order shipped out today :)

i should have it running on friday. my chip from pham came today.

have question. first i have 1.6a and pair of ddr 2100 i think.
would i have any problem running Springdale board.

i have gone to dual AMD side and decided to come back. cant believe what i have missed.. lol

thx

dr0p0ut
i will be buying form pcprogress since its 20 mile from where i live.

no problem at all dropout.

you will get a very nice increase in performance from your ram as well.

Gets here today

According to my tracking number, my 875P gigabyte board will be here today. I plan to install it IMMEDIATELY :D

I will post any and all reactions and results once I get it up and running. This all assuming it works too :eek:

Back