• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7-G Max2 board, UK

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

csdavidson

Does anyone know when I wil be able to buy either the IC7-G or the IC7-G Max2 boards in the UK? Have they been released worldwide yet?

When will the new 3ghz chips be available to buy?

Which online retailers usually get new technology the first, and ship to the UK?

Cheers,

Chris

overclockers.co.uk have the IC7 standard and the new 3 gig chips ready to go. As for the '-G' boards, haven't seen them yet

happy hunting!

(Oh and let me know if you find them! ;) )

Im now starting to wonder if i should consider the IC7 it looks fantastic and i will be upping my 2.8 to higher when they come out, so would anyone suggest a good heatsink and fan? i wont be doing much overclocking with it as i had a bit of trouble with my old athlon :( (lol) oh and what would be the best memory to use with this board?

thnx

Vantec VP4-C7040 P4 Aeroflow Cooler P4 has got some good reports, and that's gonna be the one I go for too, though if you're bothered about noise, might be worth checking out a Zalman 6500.

However, with no OCing, you'd prob be ok with the stock Intel sink/fan that comes with the retail chip.

Mem wise Corsair 3500 is looking best bet. Pricy (but very good quality)

here is what i am thinking about

Corsair 256MB DDR XMS3500 Platinum CAS2 (MY-009-CS)
£56.15 £112.30
Abit IC7 "Canterwood" (Socket 478) Motherboard (MB-031-AB)

so would that be a good system to build around?

tug

Yep, looks good.

However, as the board is designed for Dual-Channel mem, best to put 2 (or four!) sticks in there.

I'm pretty sure the Abit will run off the one stick, but for the best performance, I'd use two.

one bank of ram in each of the slots right next to each other or one bank in each of the slots that are further awat from each other (confused?) i am...lol there are four slots (two banks of two). should i use 2 256 banks in the two banks clkose to each other??

Still confused? i m still lol

Back