• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

springdale 865PE @ FSB321... wtf!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm suspicious of any unsupported benchmark screenshot.

Is it an Albatron employee having a little fun with a board in the lab? Perhaps. The first shot does show an 8 multiplier on the CPU, which means if the test is legit it has to be an Intel EE. That also means the results have to be taken with a grain of salt. What will a production proc with a multi of 12 or higher do? Who knows.

Is it a fourteen year old kid who knows how to hack WCPUID? That's just as possible. In either case, I can practically guarantee its not what it appears at first glance. There are no 865PE boards in public circulation yet.

But I do agree with your final take. I think the 865PE is going to come very, very close to matching the performance of the 875 boards for a lot less money.

BHD

BaldHeadedDork said:
I'm suspicious of any unsupported benchmark screenshot.

Is it an Albatron employee having a little fun with a board in the lab? Perhaps. The first shot does show an 8 multiplier on the CPU, which means if the test is legit it has to be an Intel EE. That also means the results have to be taken with a grain of salt. What will a production proc with a multi of 12 or higher do? Who knows.

Is it a fourteen year old kid who knows how to hack WCPUID? That's just as possible. In either case, I can practically guarantee its not what it appears at first glance. There are no 865PE boards in public circulation yet.

But I do agree with your final take. I think the 865PE is going to come very, very close to matching the performance of the 875 boards for a lot less money.

BHD
check this out: http://holicho.lib.net/wcpuidv3/wcpuidv3.htm

3 seperate people at 320fsb or better.

all using engineering samples which is the only way you can test fsb like this.

and also the 865PE boards are available to order.

BaldHeadedDork said:

BHD
Hopefully the 865 boards will have better VCore options than the 875 boards. The Asus board only goes to 1.6V and the Gigabyte goes higher but only in large steps. I don't know what options the Abit has because I haven't seen a review and the manual isn't available yet.

baraka said:

Hopefully the 865 boards will have better VCore options than the 875 boards. The Asus board only goes to 1.6V and the Gigabyte goes higher but only in large steps. I don't know what options the Abit has because I haven't seen a review and the manual isn't available yet.
nope asus has a hidden option for 1.7 vcore =),even though i still wont go asus this time around,gonna try abit,abit has 1.9 vcore,check this thread
http://www.asusboards.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42086&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

But the 865PE cannot do dual channel DDR, right? You have to get the 875P for dual channel? Is this correct?

Edit: Also the ASUS is the worst of the lot sense they are not using the CSA technology on the chip. They are my last choice at this moment. I will be going with whom ever else other than them is able to support my corsair 3200LL the best.

Last edited:
Tw00sh said:
But the 865PE cannot do dual channel DDR, right? You have to get the 875P for dual channel? Is this correct?

Edit: Also the ASUS is the worst of the lot sense they are not using the CSA technology on the chip. They are my last choice at this moment. I will be going with whom ever else other than them is able to support my corsair 3200LL the best.
The 865 boards will support dual channel DDR.

Ec]-[oMaN said:

nope asus has a hidden option for 1.7 vcore =),even though i still wont go asus this time around,gonna try abit,abit has 1.9 vcore,check this thread
http://www.asusboards.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42086&perpage=15&pagenumber=1
It sounds like they realized they goofed after they sent the board out the door and developed a bios hack to fix it. I would be a little suspicious about whether that option really works properly.

I am leaning towards the abit myself but I don't like how the IDE ports are at the bottom of the mobo. It seems like there could be problems reaching the 5.25" bays in a large case.

fatguy said:
what won't the 865p's have? SATA / RAID / Gigabit ethernet?

RAID would be the only thing i'd miss...
As far as I know the only thing the 875 has that the 865 doesn't is PAT.

As far as SATA,RAID,... goes, it will be up to each mobo maker to decide how or if they want to implement them. I think the 875 and 865 use the same southbridge.

fatguy said:
what won't the 865p's have? SATA / RAID / Gigabit ethernet?

RAID would be the only thing i'd miss...
need to be careful with the chipset number.

865P is a rehash of the 845PE which is SINGLE channel only.

865PE is the dual channel chipset.

Maxvla said:

need to be careful with the chipset number.

865P is a rehash of the 845PE which is SINGLE channel only.

865PE is the dual channel chipset.

Hmm actually all of the 865 chipsets support dual channel DDR... the only thing that the 865p lacks is (supposedly) 800MHz FSB support. Also, the 865 mobo from MSI is quite widely available now - Newegg, for one, has them in stock currently. Also the Gibabyte rendition is available - the Albatron mobo has reportedly shown up in Austrailia.

Dang it! 321! And I just bought myself some new stuff and though I was rolling in it! LOL

Back to the drawing board... :(

john433i said:

Hmm actually all of the 865 chipsets support dual channel DDR... the only thing that the 865p lacks is (supposedly) 800MHz FSB support. Also, the 865 mobo from MSI is quite widely available now - Newegg, for one, has them in stock currently. Also the Gibabyte rendition is available - the Albatron mobo has reportedly shown up in Austrailia.
see your other post for my answer to this.

i should have my board thursday if pcprogress was acurate with their stock dates.

pat is overrated,you can only use it while using 800fsb and ddr400 we still dont know if we overclock higher than this if pat will even work,also its for a 2-5% perf increase whoptydo!!!!!!!!1

Back