• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

800mhz FSB cpus

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

azanon

Registered
albatron px845pevpro 800mhz FSB cpus

Can this board really handle 800mhz FSB - the original one? I see over at albatron's website that they have this exact board but are calling it rev. 800 for the newer cpus. I was about to get one of the new 3.06G HTT capable cpu's, but if this puppy can run at 800mhz FSB, i might get that version (when its available if its not already).

I'm not on my PEVpro right now, so is 200mhz FSB an option in the original bios? Also, would DDR333 work at 200mhz FSB (meaning is there a 1.5 multiplier for the ram?).

Thanks.

ack! I didnt mean to make a new thread.

My question was regarding the Albatron PX845PEVPro MB.

I don't think so for the PX845PEV Pro, at least not officially. Might require a modified bios from Albatron to enable so called "official" 200Mhz bus recognition and modified memory dividers. I wouldn't count on it as they want to sell the new "anniversary" board which is the PEV Pro 800.
The current board will definitely not run memory slower than the FSB.

Back