• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Canterwood or BH7?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

natgas

I'm thinking of upgrading my m/b and can't decide between the 875 (Gig or MSI) or the Abit BH7; I have a 2.4c with 2 512 Crucial 2700; my question is whether I can utilize the dual channel on the 875 with my cpu and ram or must you use the 800 fsb and 3200 ram? thanks

go with dual channel but wait till the springdale mb's come out which will be very soon....The new dual channel boards will let u run 400,533, or 800 fsb plus a whole lot of new improvemnts that gives u a lot of flexibility, plus the sprindale will be relatively inexpensive compared to the canterwood mb's

Thanks for the info; just couldn't wait; just ordered the Gigabyte 875 board; needed to replace my current board for more o/c help

Just cancelled my Gigabyte order and purchased the Abit IC7 instead; would much rather have the Abit board for better o/c! got it at AZZO!

You need to realize that you're getting the IC7 NOT the IC7-G Max2 which is the high end board with CSA gigabit ethernet & optical audio connectors. That's why it's so cheap, so make sure you know what you're buying before you buy it. The IC7-G Max2 should cost at least $200. Tical has spoken.

Well aware of it; the IC7-G has some features that I don't feel necessary, especially given the cost difference!

I ordered the IC7 form Googlegear. Good deal.

I intend to run only 2 drives in RAID0. All that I need

I do not need/want SPDIF... have a Herc FortissimoIII 7.1 that has SPDIF in/out already if I ever need it

Gigabyte Lan would be nice but my network is 10/100 already and I have a VERY expensive Bay Networks switch I am NOT ABOUT to ditch. And have several 10/100 cards laying around that work just fine.

I saw the IC7-G only supports RAID for the SATA channel. Is it possible to hook up two PATA drives to the SATA channel using some kind of adapter and then run them in a RAID configuration?

P4 2.8@3580/Abit IT7 MAX
P4 2.4@3204/Asus P4B533
P4 2.8@3507/Gigabyte 8SQ800 [Down cuz the CPU got nabbed for my IC7]
P4 2.8@3500+ and moving/Abit IC7
P4 2.4@3420/Abit BH7
nice stuff.

Back