• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No overclock with Radeon?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Claw57

Registered
I have a TH7IIR that will run stably at 120fsb. I recently purchased a Radeon 9500Pro since my Ti4400 crapped out. Now it seems that I can only run the system at 100fsb, or the system will not boot. Is there some problem with Radeon cards running in overclocked systems? I set the AGP/PCI to 'fix'- maybe the motherboard is not locking down the AGP? Is there any software utility that will tell me what my AGP/PCI busses are running at?

Thanks.

I dont know what the prob. is, alot of people here have the 9500 pro in OC'ed rigs and they work perfectly for us. I has to one of your other componets that causeing you trouble.

Claw57 said:
I have a TH7IIR that will run stably at 120fsb. I recently purchased a Radeon 9500Pro since my Ti4400 crapped out. Now it seems that I can only run the system at 100fsb, or the system will not boot. Is there some problem with Radeon cards running in overclocked systems? I set the AGP/PCI to 'fix'- maybe the motherboard is not locking down the AGP? Is there any software utility that will tell me what my AGP/PCI busses are running at?

Thanks.

I've noticed that my 9700 Pro does NOT like (or will not boot) at anything higher than 33/ PCI/LOCKED .
My past Ti4600 was differant and had no problems at 37+/PCI .

My 9700 Pro has no problem at my current 185 FSB / 33 PCI LOCKED , and will do fine up to 195/197 FSB .

Past that , I dont know what to tell ya (sorry)

stereo555

Back