• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whoever has the GA-8IHXP(3.0) come in here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Icem

Registered
Alright I have tried to overclockek mine for like 2 months now and i cant figure out why I cant overclock it. Here is my computer: You know what mobo i have, P4 2.4BGHz processor, 2x 128Mb RDRAM and 2x256MB RDRAM (Kingston), Gforce 4 TI 4400. 350 Watt PSU, Western digital HDD 7200RPM, HP CROM/burner, and water cooling, my temps are fine so dont ask. Tell me step by step how you guys overclocked yours.

Thanks For The Help:)!

lolz, you HAVE been trying for a long time and i'm not sure what the problem is exactly with ur board..i dont' remember exactly was in ur other posts, but consider this:

1) maybe its not the board, its ur cpu and back luck
2) maybe its the board and bad luck
3) for me, OC'ing with bios f7 and f8 work well
4) trying using slots 1 and 2 for ur ram ONLY..and ditch the other 2 sticks of rdram
5) get samsung rdram cuz it oc's the best..others are kinda blah!

just some thoughts since i kno u've been trying and i can't figure it out either

actually, looking back at some previous post, see if you can get some different ram (ie pc800) and try it with that. looking around, pc800 oc's much better..try that since u've tried everything else

81hxp

What have you been overclocking too? that board doesnt liek to go past 150 on alot of people, i got mine to 156 but i had to up my vcore by .50 ...also u have 2 diff types of memories filling all banks, and that will lower your overclock potential to atmost 148.... try and only fill up 2 memory banks with memory ( kingston if u have it ) , up your vcore, and try again..also enable over rimm voltage. plus if u wanna hit 156 u have to do it thru easy tune, cuz thru bios your computer probably wont start. get it ? got it? good!
if you have raid, then i dont kno wut to tell u, i havent tried that yet, so i have no knowledge on raid and overclocking
Hope this helps you
peace
p.s.
overclocking that board too hgih lieks to blo out the onboard sound as well, so if u dont care bout that, then happy camping
Peace
Charlie

Last edited:
Back