• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IT7 max2 v2 - new bios - df - 3/27/2003

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

microfire

Havent tryed it myself yet. Its doesnt look like much. I wonder if it they fixed anything else or programmed the other parts of the bios to be better? The raid update would be the best part but im already using v3.01, so I figure it can't be better than that.
Let me know if it does other things other than listed, or improve your system somehow.

http://fae.abit.com.tw/eng/download/bios/it7-max2r2.htm

Heres whats new:

1. Systems can not detects the fan speed and automatically shut down while using low rotation speed fan.
2 . Adjust the SP_LED as following to conform to the requirement:
-----1. S0....Always on
-----2. S1... Blink (faster frequency)
-----3. S3....Blink (slower frequency)If the LED could not support different blinking frequency, it would behave like S1 state.
-----4. S4....Always off
-----5. S5....Always off
3. Fix the multiplier of unlocked CPU shows incorrectly while resumed from STR.
4. Update CPU micro code?(0F24/18, 0F27/33, 0F29/0E)
5. HPT374 BIOS version 1.23.
6. BIOS compile date 3/27/2003.

You think that there is any chance that i could get my it7 max 2 to operate at agp 8x? maybe unofficial agp 8x???

Otherwise i am going to have to upgrade.

runsalone said:
You think that there is any chance that i could get my it7 max 2 to operate at agp 8x? maybe unofficial agp 8x???

Otherwise i am going to have to upgrade.

honestly, that's not very smart. Do you know the actual difference between AGP 4X and 8X in the real world? If you think you're going to see a difference, think again.

And the motherboard is electrically incompatable for AGP 8X.. it will never happen..

Do you know the actual difference between AGP 4X and 8X in the real world? If you think you're going to see a difference, think again.

In unreal tournament 2003, half-life 2 and doom III I expect to see a HUGE difference if i slap a 9800 pro in (with highest res possible, all the eye candy and the quality turned way up).

runsalone said:

In unreal tournament 2003, half-life 2 and doom III I expect to see a HUGE difference if i slap a 9800 pro in (with highest res possible, all the eye candy and the quality turned way up).

Well I hope you get the AGP 8X board and video card.. I'd love to see you run the same tests on 4X and then on 8X..

Back