• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4C800 Deluxe in stock at googlegear...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lyle

... and the damn thing is a breathtaking $250. Man, I am really going to have to wait on this. I can do $150 for the Abit board, but I want an Asus board, too. HOLY CRAP, $250?

I'll bet the P4S800 rings in at around 2 bills when it arrives.

This is from the Asus website.
The BIOS in AI Series also keeps all the special design for overclocking:
-- Flexible CPU Core Voltage Adjustments in 0.025V increments over defaults
-- SFS (Stepless Frequency Selection) up to 400MHz at 1MHz increanerts
-- Adjustable FSB/DDR ratio. Fixed AGP/PCI frequencies
-- ASUS C.P.R.(CPU Parameter Recall)

I saw the same "adjustable FSB/DDR ratio" statement somewhere. So I downloaded the P4C800 pdf manual from the ASUS website and the screenshots for the Advance Menu page of the BIOS does not have a line for this.

It seems to me like the manual implies that the memory bus is selectable to either DDR266, DDR333 or DDR400. Maybe the FSB can be manually set and the BIOS sets the ratio value in order to acheive the memory speed selected. That sounds good for oc'ing the CPU, but leaves you with standard memory speeds.

I'm new to oc'ing and am trying to get educated before I buy a new setup this summer.

Am I missing something here, or is this board not allowing the memory to be oc'ed ?

Greg

I got mine late last week from www.gameve.com with free fedex shipping. Came in at $215 including taxes.

So far the board is pretty sweet although i'm currently experiencing and troubleshooting some of the same asus+radeon 9700 pro issues as users of some other recent asus boards.

McGarnicle said:
So far the board is pretty sweet although i'm currently experiencing and troubleshooting some of the same asus+radeon 9700 pro issues as users of some other recent asus boards.

Damn was thinking of buying one of these boards to escape the problems im still haveing with my rad 9700! :mad: Well i think its my radeon anyways :(

Para said:

Damn was thinking of buying one of these boards to escape the problems im still haveing with my rad 9700! :mad: Well i think its my radeon anyways :(
If the Radeon serial # is above xxxxxxxxx-30 revision, then there should not be a problem.

Got my P4C800 for $205 free shipping. Ordered it on Sunday and it shipped Monday. Should be in on Friday. Waiting on the 2.6C to ship and put this upgrade together. ;)

Looking forward to comparison of this vs my current GB setup. :)

$205 Shipped Here

I've experienced those 9700pro issues with this board. The fix is to set your AGP to run at 1.6v or 1.7v. The bios defaults to 1.5v and this, for me at least, resulted in crashes whenever it was time for it to play a fps. After upping the voltage I've had no issues at all.

The benchmarks are still lower than they should be, but i'm trying to troubleshoot why.

McG

gruvin2 said:
I noticed this MB has passive cooling on the NB. Isn't that a concern for OCing ???
I added a fan to my North Bridge. I'm running my fsb at 290.

Last edited:
Big Nuttz said:
I added a fan to my North Bridge. I'm running my fsb at 290.
Did adding the fan to the NorthBridge increase your fsb capability?
I have my 2.6C at 270fsb and can boot 275-280fsb but it is not stable.

Back