• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclock - SoftFSB definitions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

theflyingrat

Good morning!

I just recently picked up an ECS P4S5A/DX+ motherboard on the very cheap from Newegg ($32). I figure, what the hey, I have a spare PSU and case laying around, and Cellies are pretty cheap.

Now, I've got my old 2.4B sitting on it right now, as I type this. I have two possible FSB options right now - 100 or 133 MHz, obviously, this being an ECS board, it doesn't have much.

I can do a wire wrap to resolve any voltage issues I have. I was initially banking on SoftFSB to have the stats for the clock generator on this board in it. As I find out, it doesn't. The clock generator is an ICS 952001AF. What I want to know is, does anyone have the .pll definitions for this clock gen? If it's on paper, fine with me, I can program it into SoftFSB manually. If not, where do I find this? ICS's website is of no real help.

Thanks for any help in advance!

any 2.4b should do 133mhz on default voltage. you don't need to do any volt mods.

133mhz is the normal bus speed for the 2.4b select that and you are all set.

i've never been a supporter of the software overclockers. hardware bios changes are by far better.

theflyingrat said:
Good morning!

I just recently picked up an ECS P4S5A/DX+ motherboard on the very cheap from Newegg ($32). I figure, what the hey, I have a spare PSU and case laying around, and Cellies are pretty cheap.

..... The clock generator is an ICS 952001AF. .....

Thanks for any help in advance!

You can use a free software "Setfsb" from
http://www.page.sannet.ne.jp/k-hazama/setfsb/645u/setfsbU14j_645U.zip
The Setfsb on the site have many version for many motherboard.
The above link is for ECS P4S5A and SIS 645CHIPs with ICS95200X.
Enjoy it.
ECC

Maxvla - sorry if I didn't make it apparent, but the 2.4b will stay in my old i845PE motherboard - it's just in my PC now to test out the ECS board. I'd use the whole BIOS change for overclocking, if that was an option here.

ECC - right on, man! That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks! :D

Back