• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7V8X Overclock HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Von99

I just bought an A7V8X with 2400+ CPU last week and have been trying to overclock it unsuccessfully for 3 days now. I’ve read most if not all posts in this forum, though there are some great tips and tricks posted, I can not find a step by step procedure on what I should be doing. I suspect I'm missing some elementary step somewhere along the line!!!

If I change the CPU multiplier past 15, system won't boot.
Any other change seems to have no effect at all, including frequency and VCORE changes, short of increasing the cpu and MB temps.

I would much appreciate a step by step instruction list.

try updating to latest beta bios first. then set to manual and up the fsb as far as your ram can handel it. increase your v-core to about 1.75 which will end up being 1.77 anyway. up your ram to 2.75 volts (1 setting below max) (wont void corsair's warrenty) and up the agp 1 notch also.I use asus probe 2.20.03 to watch temps and voltages always. befor you up your v-core check what your defaul voltage is and add 10% for a safe overclock. if you have halfway decent ram you wont need that high of a multiplier anyway.even 14 multiplier * 166fsb will give 2324mhz.

I don't recommend the newest final bios (1011) because it makes the temps in the bios/asus probe way lower then they really are.
Up the fsb by like 2 at a time and try booting. go until you can't boot to windows then up the voltage a notch. now keep going till it wont boot and up the voltage again. keep doing this till you reach your max then try lowering the fsb back down and upping the multiplier to about the same speed as you were before at the same voltage then see if you can get some more speed out of the cpu to see if the fsb or the actual cpu was stopping you from going higher. then find the max cpu speed you can get then try to get as close as you can with the highest fsb you can handle. remember to watch your temps and voltages the whole time you are doing this.

Also if you are at the top voltage in the bios and think you can get your cpu at a faster speed with a bit more there is a overvolt jumper that will add .20 vcore to what you select in the bios. it's right by the cpu socket near the edge of the board.

hey q149... i'm using the 1010's and it's making the temp.'s in asus-probe go bonkers. :( should we wait for another rev. of asus-probe or what?

Back