• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7 vs NF7-S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Flexy

Registered
Alright I have read through the forums and everyone has the -S. Now I'm gonna be buying a new board in the relative future and have been looking at the -S. Now question here is that what do I gain for paying $20 more than I wouldn't get from the plain ol' NF7. I know I don't get Soundstorm but that doesn't bother me much so if ya could fill me in on what I'm missing out on. Thanks

Flexy:D

I just bought one non s NF7. If I could go back I would buy an S board cause the onboard sound are really bad. Well, if I really could go back I would by an KD7 (KT400)... :(

ill add this also i bought the nf7-s as i sell my mobos alot as im always upgrading and having the extra features really pay off when you sell it.if its plain less people want it and the ones who do want it dirt cheap.and i dont blame them.

MiracleMan said:
I just bought one non s NF7. If I could go back I would buy an S board cause the onboard sound are really bad. Well, if I really could go back I would by an KD7 (KT400)... :(

why the KD7? im kinda confused whether to get nforce or the kd7.

Well, until now we didn't get any confirmation about bios corruption being fixed by bios 17 for rev 1.1~1.2 or bios 1.1 for rev 2.0 boards. This alone should get anyone away fron ANY nforce2 boards without the reference jumper wich revert fsb to 100mhz.
Why KD7? Well, first it's Abit, no need to explain more, and its via kt400, the best chipset after nforce2.

Back