• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dehumidifier

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Voodoo_fx

Hey, quick question, i would like to make a phase change cooler out of the unit, not a chiller. I am not sure about how dificult or expensive it would be but am looking for some expertise on the matter. Difficulty isn't much of a problem or time just if it can be done or not and how costly it is and what kind of temps i would get?

Thanks,

nick

yes you can convert a dehumidifier into a direct die chiller but you will need to make a evaporator that will go on the cpu, cut the evap that was on the dehumidifier off, stick the block in its place and vacuum/recharge the unit again. Making a chiller would be much easyer because you wouldnt have to cut anything and all you have to do is stick the evaporator in a bucket of fluid. Also then you could cool your gpu, chipset and cpu also with the chiller.

would a dehumidifier be powerful enough to be used in direct die? i would just stick with it being a chiller if you have the water cooling stuff or get a real compressor if you want to direct die.

naw it would work just fine, I cant imagine it being any smaller than a vapochill compressor. The weaker the compressor the higher temps will be though.

what do you mean? if you have the dehumidifier already and want to make a chiller than you just need a icechest or something for the resavoir.

i was wondering about the cost of the regridgerent and what not? I was more interested in turning my waterblock into an evaporator itself. Its a micro-fin design that i made at the local cnc shop.

Back