• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

failing mobo or cpu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evilsizer

Senior Forum Spammer
i recently tried to hit 166fsb with my Bo shrink 1.8a and i tried it three different ways. All three times i got a bios check sum error. i tried it with the /5 divider and then agp/pci lock and then at 160fsb with /5 divider. i have been able to run the cpu at +10% voltage option which actual voltage was 1.55v since my board undervolts. after resetting back to 1.8a and loading winxp it said some folder was corrupt so im running win2k now at 2.4ghz +5%voltage. the problem is that when i try to run Q3a my fps hovers around 50 it use to be about 200fps for specs see rig #2. i have all updated drivers for the system and im running DX8.2a i wonder if that might be my problem.

thanks in advance to all that replie

edit- forgot to metion my idle temp now reads 48c and then goes up to the norm 50c for load. before my temps were as follows in sig.

edit- unistalling dx8.2a and install dx8a fixed my problem but how come my temps are reading higher now? the voltage when tring to hit 166fsb was 10%+

Last edited:
Back