• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just got a Epox 8rda+ from NEWEGG!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hc000

I put the vantec iceburq fan on the NB along with some AS3. I am still deciding on what to do about SB, it does get a bit warm even running @ 133FSB.

Does the southbridge need extra heatsink ? i have some from vantec iceberq that i can put on.

Last edited:
I read the review on that board and i was going to get it too.
They said that the bios doesn't recognize low latency ram on the first boot. You have to stick in some other ram on the first boot and then change the settings in the bios. Yes you should replace the NB heatsink and put on a better one so it doesn't overheat.
The SB doesn't really need one because it doesn't do all the important processing(ram, agp, cpu). is you cpu a tbred b?
What is the stepping on it?

I just got mine today too! As long as you lap the heatsink, and reapply it with AS3 it should be fine I think.

I would recommend you get a vantec copper iceberg, and stick that on the northbridge, then stick the stock northbridge heatsink on the southbridge, though.

its a AIUHB 0249

the iceberq comes with the fan and 2 chipset heatsink 1 big and 1 small.. the small one fits on the SB so i was thinking of putting that on there ? and put the fan on the NB.

That passive one that came in the set (the one you're thinking of putting on the SB) won't do squat. Your best bet would be to take the stock NB HSF and put it on the SB.

~THT

its too big tho ? and how do i keep it inplace ? AS3 won't make it stay.

Ya iwas wondering how to get teh SB to stay also.

Which one of the passive heatsinks did you use on the NB? The large one?

I got my 8rda+ yesterday from newegg, installed it today.... Sad to say that it kind of sucked. I could not get a good FSB or higher overclock with it. In fact it would only do about 2130mhz and the same cpu will do 2340mhz with my A7V333. Think I'm going to return it to newegg. I was hoping it would do better and I got worse:( .
I tired alkinds of stuff, more voltage, less voltage, slack timings..... and on on on

Top Hat Theater said:
That passive one that came in the set (the one you're thinking of putting on the SB) won't do squat. Your best bet would be to take the stock NB HSF and put it on the SB.

~THT

I used the small red pasive sink that came in the Vantec kit and it is good enough, Think about it the SB had nothing to begin with asnd the nice thing is the small heatsink fits it perfect.

Mine is running great and SB is cool

Cisco KId

Those of you who just got your 8rdas from newegg, what was the NB stepping? Was it the new Crush 18D (i.e., does the stepping end in "A1" and is the chip all black rather than black with a big silver circle)?

Back